Parelli bloke played with my pony..

bhpride

Visit site

Let a livery/parelli person at my new yard have a go with Tia yesterday
grin.gif
he led her about waving the carrot stick around lol for 5 minutes handling her. I don't practice parelli as you can tell - just games with horses to me but I was amazed when he loaded Tia within a few minutes into a trailer (partitions down at first) - she is notoriously bad to box, it can take up to 2/3hours, I was amazed
smile.gif
grin.gif
He then led her through, made her stand there and get used to it. Within half hour she was loading with the partitions up
laugh.gif
grin.gif
was very impressed, I've never seen her load so quickly, not even with experienced people taking charge whilst I stand in the corner lol. I didn't think he'd beable to do it.

I know people don't like Parelli on here and I'll never do it myself but was really impressed
grin.gif
Brave pony
grin.gif

flyingfeet

Visit site
See its not all bad, any common sense system that can help with your horse cannot be a bad thing. Like all systems you need to cherry pick the good ideas and take the common sense from it.

For example I'll never lead a horse like the BHS system, its asking for trouble, not to say everything in the BHS stages is cobblers.

bhpride

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Like all systems you need to cherry pick the good ideas and take the common sense from it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Completely agree, he was doing something right to get her loading like that
grin.gif

ribena73

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Like all systems you need to cherry pick the good ideas and take the common sense from it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Completely agree, he was doing something right to get her loading like that
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep I agree too, did a bit with my last mare who was dreadful on the ground and it really helped. Have been tempted to get the carrot stick out and do the friendly game wiht my new boy as he's always got his ears back when you touch him the miserable sod!
smirk.gif

The whole tripping over cones and walking sideways over mounting blocks I don't get!

Chestnuttymare

www.ipcmedia.com
yeah, because he was obviously someone who knew what he was doing with it. I think everybody has a downer on here because of the few who have seen parelli doing it, have seen people who have just tried to learn it from dvd etc and have no idea. They also object ot the money that the parellis have made from it. These few come on here and browbeat everyone else so that they are too frightened to mention it for fear of ridicule.
There are some people around who have real horse sense who can do really good things. Like the one who helped me sort my horse with a mix of parelli of good old fashoned common sense.

HollyP

Visit site
I have really got into it with my mare...its amazing how much more control i have over her....defo not something to be scorned....at the end of the day its not hurting anyone to try out new things....im looking forward to starting to work with a horse box...(horse terrible...really fearful!) but hoping all the ground work will come together!

glad there are others out there with open minds!

bhpride

Visit site
That's great
smile.gif
really good to see support for Parelli for a change
smile.gif
I honestly didn't think much of it at all after all the slating on here but he did a really really good job with her yesterday, good luck with boxing your mare as will
smile.gif

Araminta

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
That's great
smile.gif
really good to see support for Parelli for a change
smile.gif
I honestly didn't think much of it at all after all the slating on here but he did a really really good job with her yesterday, good luck with boxing your mare as will
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Really pleased for you. There are lots of "good handlers" out there as well as the bad. The danger is they all get tarred with the same brush and it puts people off.