Parelli - very weird

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
Just got home to find a parelli pack has been sent to my house - all very weird as anyone who knows me realises I am not a very big fan and I certainly have not bought this off ebay. No signs of where it has come from either?

Tierra

dressage.wordpress.com
Hahaha
tongue.gif
Maybe someone is trying to convert you?
tongue.gif

(Sorry, this made me giggle something terrible
tongue.gif
)

LEC

Visit site
Very weird to me - it was a package and bemused me no end - hope someone owns up! It had videos and everything. If comes to the worst will flog it on ebay!

Tierra

dressage.wordpress.com
Least you can perhaps make some cash out of it! Im not a fan of parelli either and can just imagine my face if i came home to find that

Haha. The image has made my evening
tongue.gif

Of course.. you could always keep it and give it a go?
wink.gif
*cackles*

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
Oooer, maybe a tree hugger somewhere is trying to convert you over to the other side
grin.gif

..............................step away from the package......................take a photo..............................and put it on ebay!

LEC

Visit site
Just looked on ebay - and what I have is going for £16 at the moment. So definately know where it is going! There is another one on there level 3?? going for £74. Damn it I am going to invent my own if you get this good money for it. Lets hope they keep arriving through the post!

LEC

Visit site
There is another one for £26 this is getting better and better!

LEC

Visit site
I certainly would never enter a parelli competition. I read the first booklet yesterday and can honestly say its a load of hokum. If you stroke your horse, occassionally watch them in the field, can go up to them say hello then walk away with them following you then congratulations you are at stage 1. Then if I read further I can learn to play games with my horse. I checked the signs in the booklet of a contented/relaxed horse and my horse does all these things anyway (licks his lips, blinks, rests his leg, grooms me, has soft eyes) which proves to me Parelli is for people who do not have a clue.

KatB

Visit site
Lol!! Is grooming their human a sign of a relaxed joined up horse?? My horse did that the first time I met him!! Was meant to be then! LOL!!! And blinking...... WTF?????

MissDeMeena

Visit site
Maybe some unhorsey relative or friend has either been given it themselfs, or bought it for you (unguided obviously) and sent it to you thinking you might like it??

LEC

Visit site
Nah none of my relatives are misguided and nice. I am sure it will reveal itself.

ruscara

Visit site
I like Pirelli. A friend did some with Marius and it really helped him to be more trusting and calmer. I was impressed.
But not impressed enough to go and buy all the stuff and have lessons etc. I just liked the basic 'games'. I think they are very good.
The packs are expensive to buy. I do wonder where you got yours from!

vivhewe

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I checked the signs in the booklet of a contented/relaxed horse and my horse does all these things anyway (licks his lips, blinks, rests his leg, grooms me, has soft eyes) which proves to me Parelli is for people who do not have a clue.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd never read it but looking at this I'm inclined to agree
crazy.gif
Danny & Taffi do them things anyway - not because of any training method but because they're mine and I just spend time with them!

*viv runs and hides from all the Parelli people
wink.gif

flyingfeet

Visit site
Its probably some poor seller who got the wrong address.

I know dad has sent Dually halters to the wrong address before, and despite us putting all our details in the package no-one ever admits to "free" goods.

Selling the pack is IMHO morally wrong as the goods are not yours.

vivhewe

Visit site
Tis legally wrong too - we did it in law a few weeks ago.

Can't remember how it is legally wrong though (what would my law teacher say???!!!) and I won't grass if you sell it on but *coughs* of course you will be doing your best to trace where it came from and return it, won't you
wink.gif
grin.gif

LEC

Visit site
Even the stamp was one of those ones with a bar code so I could not even tell you where in the country it came from. I will hang onto it for a couple of weeks and see what happens then if nobody comes forward get rid of it. Then again why should I pay £5 to send it to the rightful person if it is from an ebay seller? This is not my mistake. Normally all the ebay stuff I have sent has a seller address etc. this had nothing. Anyway I think JM7 is interested in it.

Clodagh

Visit site
Am intrigued...whats in a pack? If you do Parelli surely you can ride your horse with just a rope...so is it £50 odd (or whatever) for a long rope with no clip and a video??

Mmm...deffo see a market here!!