Parking at Wisley Common- Surrey

timbobs

Visit site
I know I should put this in regional boards but thought this would get more traffic!

I'm thinking of going to Wisley Common at the weekend and I'm not sure where to park.

Someone suggested parking at Ockham Bites cafe but looking on the map you then need to cross the A3 to get to the common...

Any advice would be great! :)

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Worth posting on the FB page, "Great Places To Ride Around Surrey & Sussex and surrounding counties" as lots of 'locals' on there, or on the Surrey Horse and Pony page (thats very high volume of traffic)

Archangel

Normal, 10 cats ago
Visit site
You could park in Redhill Road near the end somewhere, then access the Common by going to the end and turning right down the old sliproad (now shut to traffic) and go into the woods there. Not sure if you know the common at all but there is a nice long trot/canter down to the bridge over M25 (wide bridge) then you are on Wisley Common main. If you hang a right after the bridge and ride alongside M25 (not as bad as it sounds) until the second big left turn you can have a lovely long trot canter loop all the way round. The going should be about perfect now.

The bridge from Ockham Bites isn't too bad - I always get off and lead though.