Part loan/ share? How much?

Melody Grey

Visit site
We have been approached by someone who would like to to help with my partner’s horse who isn’t getting ridden as much as he could due to his (and my) work commitments.

We want to be able to still use the horse a couple of times a week, and my friend occasionally rides with me, but would otherwise be happy for this person to ride on the other days.
The horse is green, though sweet enough and will be used for hacking and light schooling. I am happy to continue schooling the horse when I can, so not looking for the horse to be educated as such, but appreciative that he’s not yet the finished product!

We’re on DIY livery- I’m not expecting much in the way of physical help with jobs as the horse goes out/ comes in with mine. All bills will continue to be paid by us. Horse costs us approx. £280/month to keep.

So.... is that a share/ part loan? How much would you expect to pay for that arrangement? I haven’t loaned out a horse before hence not sure what would be reasonable to charge?

Last edited:

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
i would class that as a share. if you dont want jobs done and its doing you a favour by keeping the horse fit £10 per day would be reasonable IMO... i would tell the person that you want a trial period of a couple of weeks or a month so you can make sure they are treating and riding the horse to your satisfaction as well.