Part Of My New Job

GTs

Visit site
Seems like I could well be taking the horses to the races - which means I get to drive the rig.

truck%201.jpg

I am very excited - very big trucks, and very expensive horses.

Fairynuff

Visit site
rather you than me
smile.gif
! What a responsibility! Im sure youll be great, just take it easy on the cornering
grin.gif
. Nice to see you GT, any more wins? Mairi.
smile.gif
XX

Enfys

Visit site
smile.gif
How is it going? You are obviously still enjoying yourself.
I love those trailers! How much of that is living/storage GTs? Can you imagine trying to drive that around twisty English roads!!!

Are horse lorries (the posh UK style ones) as rare in the US as they seem to be in Canada? I have been to loads of fairs/rodeos/events and haven't seen a single lorry yet!

JadeWisc

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
smile.gif
How is it going? You are obviously still enjoying yourself.
I love those trailers! How much of that is living/storage GTs? Can you imagine trying to drive that around twisty English roads!!!

Are horse lorries (the posh UK style ones) as rare in the US as they seem to be in Canada? I have been to loads of fairs/rodeos/events and haven't seen a single lorry yet!

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean ones where the motor/ driving is attached to the horse transport area?

I swear I am 33 and never seen one of those here. I would love to though! Everytime I see a cool one on HHO I wish they had them here! lol

GTs

Visit site
That is all for the horses, no living quarters. That truck is just used for day trips, if they need to go much further we send them by proper truck or plane.

It is pretty easy to drive, I just worry as many of our horses are worth millions.

As far as wins, we had a good meet at Saratoga. Now I am going down to Maryland to the training center, where I will get a lot more responsibility!

We use some vans like your English lorries - they are very popular in KY where they regularly ship one horse and need it to be safe. Most of our horses ship in bulk so we use 18 wheelers, infact we would use them for a long trip for 1 horse.

glenruby

Visit site
Ya when I worked in KY if we were travelling one or two colts we travelled them loose in what is similar to a 2horse UK lorry. They hired the salle vans for travelling long distances like to Saratoga for the sales but for Keeneland which was just 45mins away we took the goose neck ( if one horse) or small lorry for two horses.

Good to hear you are enjoying the new job - i take it you are working for a trainer?
Il be going to Saratoga for 3 weeks next August for an extern in the vet hospital there - really looking forward to it already as really didnt think Id get in and I loved saratoga last time i was there!