Passed the pigs

oldie48

Visit site
As title. As part of the kicking myself up the A..... following on from my "wobble" I hacked Rose past the pigs this morning. As it's half term the farm shop was very busy, so lots to look at and a group of kids were feeding the pigs. I took the lead, gave her a boot when she hesitated and a small tap down the shoulder and she marched past. Friend's horse trailed in her wake. So that can be ticked off the list. She's obviously a bit of a towny girl because she's fine with lorries and cars but is a bit iffy with tractors pulling stuff or really big farm machinery, but she's not stupid and will listen. She's also a bit worried by sheep in the hedgerow close to her. Absolutely fine on her own now, not nappy and much more relaxed and left the other horse quite happily for the last part of the hack. She's actually a delight to hack and I am getting braver!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
fabulous :D well done both :)

Kira is the complete opposite, she's happy with livestock and tractors etc but someone had parked their shiny fancy car in an Unusual Place last weekend and she had a fit of the vapours!

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
thats great, i never conquered the pigs where i used to be, they were wild boar and as soon as they heard the horses they would charge at the fence, we managed it by trotting flat out past them so they were taken by surprise and only got to the fence once we were past....if the road hadnt been busy we would have done it differently , but it was a safe way to get past on that route....

Celtic Fringe

Visit site
Well done:) My old cob is not afraid of much but has a genuine and deep seated fear of pigs. Any other livestock just needs put in its place.
The younger cob will make friends with anything, two or four legged!

eggs

Visit site
I once had a horse called Luke who was known as Luke the Spook for a very good reason. Oddly the only thing he didn't spook at was pigs and would happily give other horses a lead past them.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Even the 'frightened of nothing' 16hh Draft mare grew to 18 hh when we passed the neighbour's piglets who wanted to have a good look at her! Well done to Rose and you, Oldie48!

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
I (unknowingly at the time) passed some pigs the other day which Nelson completely ignored but the chicken run next door was a completely different matter!