Passport issues

Jane.abel

New User
Visit site
Hi, could anyone help with where I get a duplicate passport with an ownership section added. I have just got a pony who has a French passport. I sent it to the British Equestrian Federation to update ownership, but they have sent it back as there is no ownership section. They have said I need to send it back to the issuer to get a duplicate with an ownership section added. Someone I know called France for me, who said England can only do this not France. I have contacted so many organisations but no joy. The passport was issued by ministry of agriculture, any help greatly appreciated. X

Bartleby.

Visit site
Not sure if this helps because the passport issuer in this case was the IFCE, but I've just been through this with my French import, and I got stuck in the same position.

So you have the carte d'immatriculation (owner details card) and the certificate d'origin (ID document), but not the document d'identification (true EU-compliant passport with the owner section)? As mentioned, there are UK organisations that will issue duplicate passports for "unknown" horses, which won't include any pedigree etc, but I wanted to keep my horse's full passport, and the only way to do that is to send it back to the issuing body (not sure about the Ministry of Agriculture and how that works, but maybe IFCE can handle it?).

After a ton of e-mails to get the French side to understand what I needed I was finally able to send it to the IFCE and they updated the format to be EU compliant and include the owner section, plus they send you the owner details card back, for 53EUR. You then send these to BEF who incorporate the owner details card into the new passport page and sign it off. It was a pain to explain to them as unless a French horse competes they don't seem to issue the EU version, but I got there in the end. PM me if you want the IFCE contact details, I have a direct e-mail address to someone who handled the whole thing for me only a few months ago, and she speaks good English. If you need to explain to the Ministry of Agriculture what you need, send them this link - https://www.ifce.fr/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/SIRE-document-identification-trait-specimen.pdf - Section IV is the important bit to point out to them.

Jane.abel

New User
Visit site
Not sure if this helps because the passport issuer in this case was the IFCE, but I've just been through this with my French import, and I got stuck in the same position.

So you have the carte d'immatriculation (owner details card) and the certificate d'origin (ID document), but not the document d'identification (true EU-compliant passport with the owner section)? As mentioned, there are UK organisations that will issue duplicate passports for "unknown" horses, which won't include any pedigree etc, but I wanted to keep my horse's full passport, and the only way to do that is to send it back to the issuing body (not sure about the Ministry of Agriculture and how that works, but maybe IFCE can handle it?).

After a ton of e-mails to get the French side to understand what I needed I was finally able to send it to the IFCE and they updated the format to be EU compliant and include the owner section, plus they send you the owner details card back, for 53EUR. You then send these to BEF who incorporate the owner details card into the new passport page and sign it off. It was a pain to explain to them as unless a French horse competes they don't seem to issue the EU version, but I got there in the end. PM me if you want the IFCE contact details, I have a direct e-mail address to someone who handled the whole thing for me only a few months ago, and she speaks good English. If you need to explain to the Ministry of Agriculture what you need, send them this link - https://www.ifce.fr/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/SIRE-document-identification-trait-specimen.pdf - Section IV is the important bit to point out to them.
Hi, thank you for all this information. I have been in contact with the British horse society who said they may be able to help but are looking into it, with a call back hopefully before the end of the week. If I could take IFCE contact details that would be great with the contact you had. Thank you !! This has been so frustrating..xx

sywell

Visit site
The BHS will not be able to help as they only do ID only passports and it is important to have a full EU compliant passport if the horse travels in Europe after Brexit. The IFCE will be the people to contact as they are the passport issuer of origin and then any passport issuer like SHGB or BWBS can record the horse on the Central equine Database as being in the UK