Passport query

Halfpass

Visit site
My new horse has a foreign passport and I'm not sure what I need to do with it? I can not work out where I need to send it to get ownership changed. She is also microchipped and I'm not sure if I need paperwork for that too or if that coinsides with the passport. Any advice appreciated.

Rambo

Visit site
My two both have KWPN passports...and they've never been sent back for a change of owner
shocked.gif
Not sure where / how to do it
confused.gif
The chip number usually ties in with the passport though
smile.gif

samp

Visit site
You can normally just fill in new ownership details. Though I believe some English passprts you have to pay to change ownership - this applies for AES

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Might have got this wrong but isn't she a pure Selle Francais (French Thoroughbred)? If that's the case, you might need to use Weatherbys
Sanders Road
Wellingborough
Northants
NN8 4BX

Their number is 01933 440077. If you give them a ring first to check that's who she should be with, they're always very helpful.

The microchip should coincide with a barcode entered in her passport.

If she's not a SF, not sure where she should be recorded TBH!
frown.gif
, presume the AES?

Halfpass

Visit site
She is a selle francais (thats what I presumed SF on the passport stood for but i was under the improssion that that is a french warmblood
confused.gif

But jusdt to make things even more confusing she was bred in germany so has a german passport!!! The passport does detail her breeding so I am sure on that!!!

Rambo

Visit site
Selle Francais is a 'french thoroughbred'. If she has a german passport though you would presumably need to contact the german passport issuing office
crazy.gif
It's all a bit of a nightmare with these foreign passports though...Not sure i'd be too happy sending my horses passports overseas in the 'hope' i might see them again one day. Thus mine have not been sent back yet
blush.gif

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Do you know what her parents 'did'? Were they racehorses (SF ,
<u>are</u> French Thoroughbreds and as such are eligible to race) or dressage or showjumpers?

Do you know anyone that can translate for you so you can find out a bit more?

If you do have to send it anywhere, for goodness sake do photocopy every page (including the front one with her name on) so that you have some record of it and send it recorded delivery, at least you know it should have got there! I also stick in a sae for them to send me acknowledgement too; can't be too careful with them cos they cost a fortune for a re issue let alone all the hassle included.

Halfpass

Visit site
Her parents were both SJers and she also has Jalisco B in her lines who is a well known SJer her lines have no racing in them at all. Its all too confusing but I'm not fussed I chose her for her not for her breeding so its not a problem really.

Rambo

Visit site
Technically I s'pose you are right, but this is an exert from the SF website describing the breed :-

[ QUOTE ]
The Selle Francais is a naturally athletic horse with a willing attitude and a "people" personality. Generally of a strong but elegant type, the "ideal" Selle Francais conformation is that of a large-boned Thoroughbred with a strong back, a long neck, an expressive head, and sturdy legs with good bone and joints. Normally in the 16.0 h - 17.0 h size range, Selle Francais horses are seen in many colors, but bays and chestnuts are the most predominant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rambo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Her parents were both SJers and she also has Jalisco B in her lines who is a well known SJer

[/ QUOTE ]

Jalisco B is an extremely highly rated stallion in SJ'ing circles. He jumped at the Barcelona Olympics and also sired a number of other very good SJ'ing stallions...Olisco and Papillion Rouge to name two.

He also happens to be my Bo's grandad
grin.gif

bellaboo

Visit site
My foal's passport came from Holland so was all in dutch. ( said on the front ' europees stamboek' ) Didn't have a clue what to do with it, translated as much as i could on the net but ended up contacting the A.E.S and found out that i could send it there for change of ownership etc as they were same/similar studbook, still don't really understand!!!!!! try giving some passport companies a ring for advice on what to do.

Halfstep

Visit site
For those who have KWPNs and are wondering what to do with the passports - I emailed KWPN asking what to do a while ago and here is their response:

A. HORSE ALREADY HAS A KWPN PASSPORT (PAARDENPASPOORT)

1. Ensure that the diagram on page 5, the written description details of horse and
microchip (if applicable) on page 4 are correctly filled in stamped and signed. This
must be done by your veterinary surgeon.

2. To help us identify the horse you must enclose a clear colour photograph of:
a. Full side-on view of the horse both sides 1x.
b. The full front of the head 1x.
c. The legs. Fore legs (from front) 1x, Hind legs (from rear) 1x.

3. To make it possible to verify the descent of the horse by DNA test, you need to
take a hair sample of the horse. You can send the hair sample in the enclosed little
hair bag and hereby you will find information on how to obtain the sample.

4. Fill in the enclosed form with your personal, payment details.

5. Send the original passport + A4 original registration papers (This is the paper
containing the pedigree details), photos, hair sample and enclosed form with your
details and payment to the KWPN.

KWPN will make the passport legitimate by stamping and signing it. We will also add
the part of Human Consumption if this not already in the passport.

COSTS

A. To register the horse in your name € 20,-

B. To update and over stamp the passport. € 15,-

C. New issue of KWPN-passport. €25,- .

D. To KWPN members the transfer of ownership is Free of Charge.

Contact details are here: http://www.kwpn.nl/

Hope this helps

x

Rambo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
He is my girls great grandad!!!! On both sides (whopsee bit of inbreeding methinks)!!! &lt;img src="http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif" alt="" /&gt;

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not uncommon to have duplicate breeding in both dam and sire lines...in fact it is often considered to be quite beneficial
smile.gif

Rambo

Visit site
Noooo....

They're both registered KWPN, but Bo's sire line is entirely SF, and his dam line is about 50% Westphalian !?

Trikey is by Calvados who is 100% SF I believe...can't remember who his mum was off the top of my head though lol!