Passport/travelling Query

Illusion100

Visit site
Okey doke, so taking my horse 'home'.

Bought him as a weanling 5 years ago and was given the Vet identity sketch sheet (which is completed, signed, stamped and dated) plus another smaller document that is filled in but is in German. As he was 5 months when I picked him up, his passport hadn't been done but I was advised that it was perfectly ok to travel him provided I had these documents.

So you know, 5 yrs flies by and I haven't got round to getting his passport yet for various reasons, most importantly being I thought I'd lost this paperwork (which breeder told me not to lose whatever I do!) but after 6 hrs searching I've found them!

So the vet doc says to send to AES, does anyone know how long this will take and cost? I've not been successful in reaching them by phone today and I really need to move countries asap.

Also, he is fully vacc'd but I would need to get the 2 different vet practices involved to fill in that info once I get the passport if I need this info before I travel him from England to Ireland........or do I not need the passport/vacc record for this particular journey?

Any help/advice greatly appreciated. The sooner we're on our way home the better. :)

be positive

Visit site
You will need the passport, no pro travel company will let him on the lorry without it but there will be no checks on the vaccinations unless you are possibly going with racehorses or onto a racecourse en route.

No idea about costs or time frame to get it done, I hope he has been microchipped otherwise add that to your to do list.

Illusion100

Visit site
You will need the passport, no pro travel company will let him on the lorry without it but there will be no checks on the vaccinations unless you are possibly going with racehorses or onto a racecourse en route.

No idea about costs or time frame to get it done, I hope he has been microchipped otherwise add that to your to do list.

Yes, he's chipped. A few pro companies have considered travelling with his paperwork rather than passport but I think I'll just try to fast track the pp just in case.