Passports

Taffieboy1

Visit site
Have a Q for anyone in the know.

With a passport, if the previous owner has used tip ex on it to amend things, does that now render the passport in valid ?
And I would need to apply for a new one ? A re issue probably be no good as its on the page, where the markings and DOB are recorded that the fools have messed with :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Must you have a Vet re do it, or can it just be copied over yourself & sent a passport issuing company ?

Thank you

Taffieboy1

Visit site
Yea have sent email to them this morning, its Pleasure Horse Society, they are going to look into it for me, dont mind that it will cost, just hate messy paperwork myself.
The page thats been changed is the page that has all his ID info on, thats completed by a vet usually and they then stamp it, so am thinking I will have to have a whole new ID form completed & new stamp, as a re issue would not include veterinary stamp

wench

Visit site
The PIO should have the horses markings recorded anyway, so dont see why you would need to get another vet out to do it.

Taffieboy1

Visit site
Oh Wench

Thanks soooo soooo much for that, didnt even think about that excellent news, indeed, have sent email, they have replied to say looking into it etc, but may call them later too, as I want a tidy book lol, thank you again love xx

hayinamanger

Visit site
I believe it is a criminal offence to tamper with or make alterations to a passport, so, if you know who did the tampering, they could be in a lot of trouble. As above, the PIO will have the original sketch on file and will be able to issue you with a duplicate, but they will charge you.

Taffieboy1

Visit site
Wish I did know who had done it, as would like to give them a piece of my mind too !!!
The worse thing is, his DOB is 1995, and it shows that, as does his JMB certificate.
But someone has clearly at some point used tip ex on the last didgit, 5 and made it into the digit, 8 then subsequently, used tip ex again, an returned the digit to a 5 as it should be.
Maybe they have done it to make him appear a few years younger & try an sell him for more, damn muppets, also know he has had 3 owners since the last owner recorede in his passport, which I was led to beleive you had to notify an update as a new owner within 30 days.
But by sounds of it, they can re issue the pages into a new passport then, with no tip ex or anything, which is great & will make me so much happier.

Taffieboy1

Visit site
Did that Wench, below is the reply from them.

Dear Mr Walker,

Your email has been passed to us as we have been maintaining Pleasure Horse passports since January 2011.

You will certainly need to register your ownership as this is a legal requirement and I have attached a form for your use (fee £17.50).

Unfortunately we would be unable to replace pages in the passport and you would need a duplicate. The fee for this is £30 and you would need to get your Vet to complete a set of markings on the (2nd) attached form and also to microchip the horse or confirm an existing chip.

The Year of Foaling on our data is 1995. It is illegal for someone to have altered this and I can see that you would like to have a passport that does not appear to have been tampered with.

If you do decide to go down the duplicate route, please send the original passport together with both completed forms, a cheque for £47.50 and a copy of this email to:- HORSE PASSPORT AGENCY LTD PO BOX 74, ELLESMERE, SY12 2AD.

Regards

Taffieboy1

Visit site
I mean what happens if you loose the passport & dont know who its issued by, or the PIO has gone out of bizz, ceased trading ? Or he becomes an oldy an you want him registered as a veteran with VHS an there passport an membership etc ?

wench

Visit site
It is illegal for a horse to have two passports, so you would be committing an offence. Tbh I think pio are being a bit greedy, but looks like you don't have much choice but to pay up.

Taffieboy1

Visit site
The actual PIO doesnt exist any longer either it ceased trading in 2009

But another company is doing them now, but will not re-issue one of the previous passports, only a new passport/re-issue under themselves, hence wanting the full fee for it & vets out to do new paperwork & stamps, which I think is a bit naughty & greedy also.
And as its no longer the same company, surely thats just same as miss placing old one and having a PIO of own choice do one for you.