Patches, Spaniel et al. Dog free cat litter boxes.

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
I wrote on Patches thread, were she worried about that her new puppy might help clean her cats litter trays ( Puppies and kitty litter trays ), that I had a hooded litter box but without a swinging door and now I've found an internet site with "my" type of hooded litter box.

I have the Maxi but Maxi CL is the same but without possibility to put in filter pads

The company's homepage http://www.marchioro.it/en/sezione_cani_gatti_lettiere_pg1.html I have had the same model but from another company for almost 20 years (I know that because, strangely enough, it is also almost 20 years ago that I bought my first dog
e015.gif
) but I can't find that company on the net and my newest is from this company.

When the puppies are small or if you have a small and flexible breed, they might also be able to get in but compared to those with swinging doors that dogs can learn to open just as well as your cat, this hooded cat litter box is very good if you don't want dog "help" with cleaning after your cats.

It is also very good for those cats that doesn't like the swinging door maybe squeezing their tail, when going in or out. But not many cats can resist to investigate a dark hole...

P.S. I suppose that "food" obsessed dogs might try and lift the hood to get in to the "edible" things but you could always lay a weight on top of the hood in the beginning.

Patches

Visit site
They're great! Thank you.

I did buy a hooded cat litter tray but haven't yet put the swinging door on it. Harvey's not been in it yet, thankfully, and it's so much cleaner (from a spillage point of view) than a normal tray.

I do like the one you mention though, without a swinging door. Very good idea.