Patrik Kittel receiving threats

little_flea

Visit site
Patrik Kittel who is as most of you know, centre of the latest rollkur debate, has received several threats stating they will harm him, his family and his horses...

Not very constructive, is it? One may also think that threats re harming his horses is slightly ironic.

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
FFS. I'm all for asking for the practise of rollkur to be banned, or at least monitored, but how do people expect to be taken seriously if they're going to get hysterical, and potentially violent?
crazy.gif
Sounds to me like someone has got the animals rights activists involved...

There are ways to go about highlighting the issues but threatening violence isn't one of them.

Booboos

Visit site
Some people have absolutely no sense of proportion or of the necessity to prove someone guilty or of administering sanctions through approved channels.

They also appear too stupid to notice the irony of their own threats...I despair!

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
[ QUOTE ]
Some people have absolutely no sense of proportion or of the necessity to prove someone guilty or of administering sanctions through approved channels.

They also appear too stupid to notice the irony of their own threats...I despair!

[/ QUOTE ]

For once BB, I agree with you! Some people have no sense of reality.l

NeedNewHorse

Visit site
Where has this been heard though? And how good is the source?

I mean who, who cares about the welfare of the horse and is outraged enough to make a complaint would threaten his horses! I mean who does that. If this person(s) cares enough to make a threat they have to care for the reason behind it and i don't see why that should be met by violence!

Need to see more evidence as it's to stupid to be true.. . lol
xxx

Emshad

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

completley agree

Booboos

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For once BB, I agree with you! Some people have no sense of reality.l

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! I am sure we agree on many things, we just hit a 'disagreement patch' recently over one thing!
wink.gif

dressagecrazy

Visit site
I find it appauling that he would be recieving such horrible threats.
After all he hasnt killed anyone FGS.

ETA - Also agree with Booboo's & she put it much better than me as well.
wink.gif

Twirly

Visit site
And we are to believe everything that comes from PK's mouth aren't we...*sigh*

Read his ridiculous lies..er comments in response to the allegations against him...then watch the uncut 10 minute video of him....yes we believe you, of course we do

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
has a boggart got in this post?

am not wholly surprised tbh (about patrik not the boggart)

[/ QUOTE ]

*snigger* I was wondering the same thing
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

relieved someone got it and am not thought completely bananas

little_flea

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
And we are to believe everything that comes from PK's mouth aren't we...*sigh*

Read his ridiculous lies..er comments in response to the allegations against him...then watch the uncut 10 minute video of him....yes we believe you, of course we do

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that PK uses these training methods is not IMO an indication of his honesty. I am sure PK himself does not believe there is anything cruel about Rollkur - whether we agree or not is another thing - but to lie about threats to oneself and one's family is a different matter altogether.

Twirly

Visit site
Read what I wrote - he has already been caught lying about what happened against damning video evidence - I have seen the uncut version which absolutely blasts his statement out of the water. Irrespective of his need to abuse his horse he has already been caught lying to gain sympathy. FACT

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Patrik Kittel who is as most of you know, centre of the latest rollkur debate, has received several threats stating they will harm him, his family and his horses...

Not very constructive, is it? One may also think that threats re harming his horses is slightly ironic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Terrible. He needs educating, not threatening.

little_flea

Visit site
I did read what you wrote - and I have seen the 10min video and read the interview - what parts of the interview are lies? Obviously PK stating that he did not ride his horse cruelly is subject to which side of the rollkur fence you sit on, but I can't see any lies in the interview.

(for the record, I have signed the petition against rollkur - but I really think that this debate needs to stay factual and focussed or it will just to the cause more damage)

pookie

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Patrik Kittel's own words in Scandinavian papers/equestrian news websites. I suppose he could be lying but I don't see any reason to doubt him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you got any links for the websites please? Anyone making such threats is an idiot.

I'm not having much luck with Google - searching for the term Patrik Kittel threats only brings up this thread
confused.gif

Twirly

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Scandic got the tongue between the bits or over the bit, as horses occasional do. It took me about a half a round to notice it and then I corrected it. Of course the circulation to the tongue is compromised for those few seconds, but I corrected it the moment I saw it, as any other rider would do if their horse got his tongue over the bit. For the rest of the video, you can see that the mouth is completely closed and the horse is foaming.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where should I start?
1. Which was it - over or between the bits? If he'd freed the tongue it would have been obvious
2. Horse is foaming OK true, yes because it physically cannot swallow due to the compression of the gullet and jaw
3. It was longer than half a round ...it was several
4. Tissue hypoxia of that degree takes longer than a few seconds to develop - it is caused by a complete cut off of the blood supply to the area for a prolonged period
5. Getting the tongue over the bit would not be enough to cause this level of damage
6. It is a physical impossibility to put a horses tongue back under a bit from on top of it whilst still having the weymouth at well over a 45 degree angle creating pressure on it.
7. It would be a physical impossibility to get a tongue out from being pinched between 2 bits whilst still creating pressure from the weymouth, curb chain and an overtightened crank noseband and whilst sitting on the horse
8. Neither the bridle nor the bits were adjusted at any point, the tongue was just hidden back in the clamped mouth.
9. The horse was not given any let up from the hyperflexion that caused the issue despite the fact that it was in obvious pain and had suffered noticeable injury

So he lied about the duration, the cause and fixing the issue all in one go to make himself look whiter than white - Hence my reluctance to believe allegations of threats to get the public on his side against the nasty wasty people being howwid to poor Patrick who wuvs his horsey

Whizzon

Visit site
I would say I agree with all the posts - Violence is no response and I strongly hope this is not the case but rather that Mr Kittel has exagerated matters. If he has received violent threats he should go to the police.

I do hope that Kittel is upset by words -but not sticks and stones!!

That said when I posted on here once I had several bullying and threatening emails sent to my home email address - extremely unsavoury and a little scary and this was for making a stand against using the whip for punishing for 'non-performance'.

Nice to be popular.........