Patterdale x husky

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
Jeez. I'm not anti crossbreeds at all but that one has Bad Idea emblazoned across it in neon letters...

And I have a Springer cross Collie 😂

I nearly brought a springer cross collie but decided to just go for the cocker spaniel then a few years later get the collie.

We already had a older collie and. Brought up with grampy gun dogs so new what we were in for.

Are they aas mad as they sound ?

PapaverFollis

Visit site
I nearly brought a springer cross collie but decided to just go for the cocker spaniel then a few years later get the collie.

We already had a older collie and. Brought up with grampy gun dogs so new what we were in for.

Are they aas mad as they sound ?

Yes and no. But mostly yes. ? He's a beautiful soul. And not as much hard work in terms of exercise as you might expect. But he's very... special. He's the quickest learner, 1 or 2 reps and the penny will drop, but then gets in his own way overthinking it after 3 or 4 reps. And he had to be taught an off-switch. I joke that he never sleeps, just waits. He sleeps more now he's 9 but if I move, he moves.

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
Yes and no. But mostly yes. ? He's a beautiful soul. And not as much hard work in terms of exercise as you might expect. But he's very... special. He's the quickest learner, 1 or 2 reps and the penny will drop, but then gets in his own way overthinking it after 3 or 4 reps. And he had to be taught an off-switch. I joke that he never sleeps, just waits. He sleeps more now he's 9 but if I move, he moves.

Bless him

I suppose that's the risk with mixing two smart working breeds with high drive.

I was very tempted but home situation wouldn't have been good.

My collies always have an off switch taught as otherwise they just get more more "work, work"
Also lots of brain games helps.