Paul Hayler

Twiglet

Visit site
Went to see Paul's demo at Towerlands for the second year running, did anyone else manage to catch it?

What an amazing rider, and thoroughly nice guy.

Has anyone had lessons or clinics with him in the past?

Twiglet

Visit site
er no, he's based just up the road to me in Essex!

I think he grew up on the Isle of Sheppey though, which is Kent I think?

We got to meet him afterwards, and he just seemed like such a down to earth, easy going chap, I can imagine he'd be a really supportive trainer.

Bananaman

www.teamtorrent.co.uk
Yes, I've known him for years, from when he worked for Sarah Whitmore just outside Edenbridge.
I trained with him quite a few years back then he stopped doing clinics up this way and both Aldborough Hall and Writtle are just too far to go on a regular basis.
However I found out only recently that he is doing regular clinics only 45mins way from us and so recently hooked up with him again.

You are dead right, he is one of the nicest, funniest most decent guys on the circuit and I'm proud to call him a friend.
smile.gif

susan_w

Visit site
Yep you're right. He is from the Isle of Sheppey, Kent - I know his sister.

He has been down to us a couple of times to do lessons, and everybody was so pleased with their lessons afterwards. He's really positive and encouraging, and yes a thoroughly nice bloke.

Ferdinase514

Visit site
I did meet him a few weeks ago at Norton Heath CR...he seemed quite friendly.Glad you're all saying he's nice as been thinking about having lessons with him.

What did he cover in is Demo?

Twiglet

Visit site
well it was a 'dressage to music extravanza', so there was the Pas de Deux, the Quadrille (in which Paul rode My Dundee, love that horse) and then the advanced movements were shown last on Martinique - his one time changes were just wow.

Luckily we got to meet him afterwards, and spoke to him about lessons - he doesn't travel out, so we're going to go to his yard in Newney Green, hopefully quite soon.