paul jones event saddles? advice plz?

kateknights

Visit site
Hi, I am after a leather saddle and my friend has the above for sale? I have never heard of these saddles? Has anyone used/got one? Any ideas how much they cost new?

Horses24-7

Visit site
Hi not sure how much help this is? But I had a pony version fitted for my sec a. They are lovely well made saddles and definately freed him up in the shoulder and he works much better in it. The pony one (15inch) was £555 new and fitted, flocking altered etc to suit.

I would imagine a horse one would be about 650/700? At a guess, but as they are not a known make I don't think they hold their value as well as albions, falcon etc when I was looking second hand versions of the same saddle were about half the new price? Pony ones around the £300 mark.

Hope I've been soon help :eek:

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
PJ saddles are more commonly showing and pony saddles as far as I know. Those new prices sound liek the right ball park knowing the quality, I guess the market for competition type saddles or even horse GPs will be smaller than for his pony saddles and that should be reflected in what you're prepared to pay.