PBA x TB

kerrylou123

Visit site
Do you think this is a bad mix??
Have seen a beautiful PBA stallion that i am seriously considering, but im not sure?!?!?
Too fine maybe? Im only little, so i wouldn't look pathetic. Too hot headed??
Please help!!

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
I've had four by Fairlyn Gemini, an Anglo Arab, out of two different TB mares.
Without doubt, they have all had the nicest, sanest temperments, the youngest is even teaching a husband to ride, another is doing side saddle, another dressage and another has just produced a lovely colt by another PBA! Not one of them is light of bone and they range from 15 hands to 16.2!

As long as you have a genuine temperment on both sides to start with then it is a fantastic mix imo and apart from looking great they can do virtually any job! That is the most important part of the equation to me, almost more so than conformation. Don't go that line if they are both a bag of noodles!

Who are you thinking of using?

Tia

Visit site
I had an AngloArab in the UK. He was 15.3hh and quite solid (looked like a quarter horse). He was a pretty laid back guy, however I bred him so was able to handle him in my own manner from the moment he was born. He was a very good horse and was quite relaxed about everything.

His mother was our quiet Arab with a nice personality and his sire was a huge TB eventer who seemed normal but a few years later he appeared to go a bit loopy and I think he was put to sleep. My horse is now 15 years old and his new(ish) owner who bought him when I emigrated says he is still a good horse who doesn't get hot.

eekmon

Visit site
Mine is Polish Arab x Tb! Temperment wise he is fantastic! He was very sharp in younger years but always tried his heart out at everything we did! Don't think you can generalise on a breed/type as lots of factors have to be taken into consideration.

meandmyself

Visit site
Contact the stallion owner and ask what types he throws from mares like yours.
smile.gif

vic07

Visit site
we have a pba - who is a little sweetie and a star in the making. Can be a bit silly, but easy and sweet. She looks like a tb though. The arabs from different parts of the world seem to be very different though - she is german.