PC Intermediate Area Dressage

Hattikins

Visit site
Went today and despite the rain and slippery going we had a really good day
grin.gif
Had to take Fiddler instead of my youngster as she is lame
frown.gif
but proved to be a good decsision when we came back with 71.9% and 3rd place in our section and team 4th
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
we were only 2% off winning and if he hadnt got 5 4 5 for his last 3 movements (when exploded for the umpteenth time
mad.gif
) he had a 9 , nine 8s and the rest were 7s
laugh.gif
soo pleased with him and cant wait for thurs and the intermediate area eventing
tongue.gif
grin.gif

Has anyone else had a horse that had exploded down the centre line at the end of a dressage test (he does it all the time its not a one off!!!) any ideas how to deal with it as we are stumped at the moment as to what to do???
confused.gif

vic07

Visit site
well done. you must be happy. good luck for next one. Did you qualify?

re problem - I would throw tests away. Maybe go and do some unaff and retire before centre line or go up centre line and if he is gonna blow then do a circle. It sounds like he knows the test is almost over and therefore blows up! I would try and confuse him into behaving!

Its eventers for you they know what comes next! One of mine throws his head up and nods to the judge in the last halt in every test. His way of keeping control I think. Have never managed to stop it completely!

Hattikins

Visit site
no didnt qualify but hoping maybe possibly in the eventing
crazy.gif
tongue.gif

good idea, may try that this winter and see what happens- he is one of those horses who can anticipate whats going to happen even if i have never ridden the test with him
mad.gif
great most of the time but the centre line is a real bind
frown.gif
tongue.gif

vic07

Visit site
Are you breathing a sign of relief, i.e its almost over. Or getting tense cause you are expecting him to blow up. Is he alright in the pn test where you go up centre twice in trot. Just something to think about. Good luck for the area. Where is it?

Hattikins

Visit site
we have come to the conclusion that it is def not me and we are thinking that because he has such great rhythm and regularity and his head and neck are perfectly still and in the correct position that possibly by the time he has to come down the final centre line he cant possibly hold himself in that way any longer and therefore seems to explode-would this sound reasonable??

and in that pn test he gets 8s or 9s for the first two centre lines and still explodes on the last one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thankyou
grin.gif
the area is at Borde Hill
wink.gif

icestationzebra

Visit site
Wow! Congratulations A.
Fiddler really is a star isn't he? Frustrating about the end though...not sure what to suggest
frown.gif

Sorry to hear that a member of the white face crew is poorly - what do you think she has done? Sending healing vibes her way!!!!
grin.gif

Hattikins

Visit site
Thankies J
grin.gif
ummm not sure, she has flat feet so we think her heel may have dropped a little and has bruised it but not sure at all-almost sound though so fingers xd ill be riding her by thurs
grin.gif

icestationzebra

Visit site
Mmmm - we are having extraordinary ground conditions at the moment - could be that she is just sore. Rambo's Bo is feeling it too and his vet commented on the conditions. Bit of rest and she'll come right as rain I'm sure. Her white faced cousin of the north is having a bit of a holiday at the mo due to me being crocked - but my friend was up this weekend and gave her a bit of a workout and she was a star. Can't wait to go XC schooling
grin.gif