PE Over reach boots

BethanT

Visit site
Does anyone else find the Premier Equine Over reach boots rub their horse? (I have the Kevlar No Turn ones)

If he just has them on for warm up and a round, they don't seem to rub him, but if I wear them schooling - so 1.5 hours - 2 hours total -, he comes back with rub marks.

I am wondering if maybe he needs the next size up?

Or, what other brands do people use? He definitely needs them as he always comes back with a little bit more damage on them, so they need to be hard wearing.

Branna

Visit site
I've used a pair of those for about 4 years and not had a problem, but mine doesn't tend to get rubs. They go on so they don't move but not very tight, i could get a finger under.
For our more sensitive horse we have a pair of HyImpact Neoprene overreach boots, they are much softer, and not as hard wearing but do the job!

BethanT

Visit site
I've used a pair of those for about 4 years and not had a problem, but mine doesn't tend to get rubs. They go on so they don't move but not very tight, i could get a finger under.
For our more sensitive horse we have a pair of HyImpact Neoprene overreach boots, they are much softer, and not as hard wearing but do the job!

Thanks Branna, think I need to go up a size. Reading the reviews they seem to come up small, and he has large OR's for the field. Now just to find some on the cheap rather than full price!

AFB

Visit site
Are you sure they're not too big? They need to be moving around to rub, so if they're a little bit long they'll ride up every time his foot hits the ground.

BethanT

Visit site
Are you sure they're not too big? They need to be moving around to rub, so if they're a little bit long they'll ride up every time his foot hits the ground.

I though that too, but I can just about get the velcro done up as it is, each piece doesn't sit exactly with the other if that makes sense? And I certainly couldn't get a finger in down there.

But god point re the length, that was something I hadn't thought of. I had just been thinking about the circumference.