PE Rug leaked

fizzer

Visit site
All mine came in yesterday sopping, 4 had Rambo Duo's without any liners, 2 had Rhino's 200g and 1 had PE rug without liners. All dry except the horse with PE rug, soaked to the skin. Well done Horseware rugs.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
I'm a HW fan too. :D

Sadly I've also had a PE rug that leaked (only light rain), but many people on here are very happy with them. Maybe we were just unlucky. :(

Polotash

Visit site
The only unlined I've found that is actually waterproof (as opposed to shower proof) is the Shires Tempest Lite.

Very pleased with my heavy weight combo PE, now going into winter 8!

fizzer

Visit site
I love Horseware but thought I woud try PE. Find them too long in body and leg straps long. I bought PE when they had an offer and you got all the liners, very good value I thought.

Ok as spares in dry weather.

ShadowFlame

Visit site
Horseware are fab. I'll admit that my Rhino was just starting to let water in when I brought my lad in night before last... but by that stage all the rest were long soaked through.

cronkmooar

Visit site
Fizzer I did the same last year.

Damn thing leaked immediately and whist they did eventually take it back and fully refund me including the postage back they did try it on a bit.

The new PE rugs leak - only seems to be the older ones that don't - so I would send it back - don't fall for the "we will sell you another for 1/2 price"

On the plus point the liners fit well in a Duo

cavalo branco

Visit site
I'm a PE fan but find that the lite rug that has 600 denier outer and is unfilled doesn't cope with torrential rain. :mad: Most of their others are 1000 or 1680 denier which I find are very good. :D:D

figgy

Visit site
I got a PE rug last year a HW and that leaked and was very heavy when wet! Went back to my horseware love them!

mjcssjw2

Visit site
Horsewear are ok if your horse if an easy fit, mines huge around the neck and shoulders, contacted there customer service who were as much use a a chocolate fireguard, shame really as I spent a fortune on them in the past and they are made really well, but won't buy them any more.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
No leaking here from the PE rugs I have - but all are 1000 or 1680.

The 100g (1680) will let a little bit down the neck onto the shoulder in torrential weather, but thats not the rug, its the horses shape in it as not a good fit on that horse. With a neck hood, no wet horse at all tho :)

NikkiF

Visit site
Not had a problem with my PE rugs, always used to have Horseware but have found they're just not deep enough in the body for my big lad, but PE are lovely, wrap halfway round his tummy :D