PE rug neck fit

Horsekaren

Visit site
What an earth is that about!
i brought one last month, went to use it on my cob and the neck is so tight and high up if he dared to graze i fear it would cut his neck off.

He is by no means a tank so for a brand that suppose to be a generous i'm so gutted!
If anyone is interested in buying a 6'3 PE 100g rug with detachable neck that has only been tried on one and brought new last month please PM me

Fransurrey

Visit site
PE fit varies stupidly from rug to rug. I bought a 4'9" for my Exmoor and it was a great fit, so when I saw the bug buster on offer I bought one of those and it almost cut her withers in two. My other pony is also a 4'9" and I bought him a lightweight on the basis that he was a great fit for the stay dry superlite. The rug hangs down to his knees and is more 5'. Stupidly I first put it on in the dark on a stormy night, so can't really return it. He doesn't seem to mind it hanging on his knees and it hasn't slipped or rubbed, so I've kept it, but he looks like a 5 year old dressed up in dad's suit. At least I know his old bones will stay dry!!! The neck is massive, too, but I figured his head is mostly down on the floor. ;-)

jnb

Visit site
@Horsekaren when I bought a 6ft 6 PE for my cob, I asked them if I could have a Large neck cover not the usual Medium as my show cob had a huge neck - they were happy to do so at no extra charge

cauda equina

Visit site
PE fit seems off all round.

My lads all need a size up in rugs, PE boots (for humans) are huge, and apparently their breeches are more like a size smaller than expected
It's such a shame as I like their stuff but the randomness of the sizing really puts me off

mini-eventer

Visit site
If the rest of the rug fits well, they often have neck covers in the sale for less than £10.00. I often buy replacement ones. I would just buy a large one in a close as matching colour as possible. Stick your neck on ebay. You will struggle to sell the rug 2nd hand for what you paid for it new unfortunately

Horsekaren

Visit site
its not even neck cover, its the opening around the neck of the rug, he is just too chunky for it, made for a finer necked horse. the rest of the fit is generous but i cant ignore how tight it is as im sure that wont be comfy to wear all day.
such a shame as its a lovely rug :(

Leo Walker

Visit site
its not even neck cover, its the opening around the neck of the rug, he is just too chunky for it, made for a finer necked horse. the rest of the fit is generous but i cant ignore how tight it is as im sure that wont be comfy to wear all day.
such a shame as its a lovely rug :(

PE are weird sizing and I wont bother with them again. Mine is a 6ft. Bought her a 6ft PE and it drowned her. It was about a foot too long. Bought a 5ft9 and its still absolutely massive in depth. They are just weird sizes!

coffeeandcake

Visit site
I’m having the same problem but with a Masta fieldmasta rug. The body is perfect and a lovely spacious fit but the neck is absolutely weird . The back and the body look like they are from two seperate rugs!
The neck is so short and when in the grazing position rides up the neck exposing her as well as being tight underneath . Not what I want for a fully clipped out horse and not what you would expect in a quality 200gm rug.

coffeeandcake

Visit site
I’m having the same problem but with a Masta fieldmasta rug. The body is perfect and a lovely spacious fit but the neck is absolutely weird . The neck and the body look like they are from two seperate rugs!
The neck is so short and when in the grazing position rides up the neck exposing her as well as being tight underneath . Not what I want for a fully clipped out horse and not what you would expect in a quality 200gm rug.

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
Personally I dislike bith Masta and PE rugs, wouldn't have either. Was persuaded into buying a Masta a couple of years ago against my better judgement, and regretted it, I don't use it now and have replaced with weatherbeeta and fal-pro.

Leo Walker

Visit site
Thanks for the warning - i was thinking about a PE for the big boy. If it won't fit your cob then it'll strangle him. Big Horse rugs it is.

The Buster one I had would have. It was enormous everywhere. But theres no consistency to the sizing so not worth the risk IMHO

SEL

Visit site
The Buster one I had would have. It was enormous everywhere. But theres no consistency to the sizing so not worth the risk IMHO
I got him a Swish 50g on the basis the 6'6" that the Appy has was ok around his neck but too long. Just have changed the design because that's strangling him so I'm just going to buy big!

Leo Walker

Visit site
I bought a second hand Rambo optimo and cant see me ever buying a different style now I've seen it on. Its such a good design and mine can move freely in it. I didnt realise quite how restricted she was, until she wasnt!

Horsekaren

Visit site
I bought a second hand Rambo optimo and cant see me ever buying a different style now I've seen it on. Its such a good design and mine can move freely in it. I didn't realise quite how restricted she was, until she wasnt!

I love Rambo, it annoys me how good they are as the price is a joke. I managed to save and get a 0g original and a 200g original but thought i would save money and go cheaper on the 100g... which it what he wears most of winter, could kick myself :(

The originals are just made to fit my boy, never slip or slide, he never comes in wet. I'm hoping they will last for years!

jnb

Visit site
I have huge necked show cobs and the PE Buster or Titan have been fine on the neck, I have heard of the newer designs being awful on cobs (Akoni etc?)