people on livery yards or livery owners.

pegasus1986

Visit site
Have you ever had people that are short on there livery one month but pay it with the next months? How many times do you let them do it and how far do you let them get behind? The livery yard im on the other livery girl was telling me how shes £400 behind for her one horse, livery being £20 a week i try to never get behind and always pay on time the only time i once got behind was when i lost my bankcard :/.

Tash88

Visit site
My YO would never let anyone do this, we are allowed to pay a day or two late if we ask her first, but as fas as I know none of the liveries would be in debt to her like that. Horses are an expensive luxury and if you can't afford to livery to such an extent, then can you really afford a horse? £400 is like five months worth!

PandorasJar

Visit site
Depends. On our last yard two people were several thousand behind. Both of them would run it up and pay off in one lump sum. One has been there 17years and owner knows she's good for it, just not monthly. And the other was good for it too and been there a fair old while.

When we ran a yard certain people would have got instant 30day payment or leave notice. Others would have been given leeway, whether late paying, less payments or helping out instead etc, but never ever public knowledge. That would be a personal deal between us and a livery (friend).

I'd be more annoyed about someone running their mouth about it though. Payment should be strictly between two people.

PandorasJar

Visit site
My YO would never let anyone do this, we are allowed to pay a day or two late if we ask her first, but as fas as I know none of the liveries would be in debt to her like that. Horses are an expensive luxury and if you can't afford to livery to such an extent, then can you really afford a horse? £400 is like five months worth!

Depends on the reasons why imo.

We've done full livery or deals when family members have died and a person is needed elsewhere or running up large funeral costs.

I've worked with people who will be out of pocket for a few months then have a big pay cheque to more than make up for it.

Lives can turn upside down and if we could afford the time and money we were happy to let some things slide on occasion. But it was strictly between the two parties involved and there were plenty who would have been given instant notice rather than help.

MissTyc

Visit site
I run a fairly cheap DIY. Obviously this attracts people with little money or with changing life circumstances and I try to be as understanding as I can. As long as they look after their horse, keep up with paying as much as they can, then I probably way too tolerant. I've never had anyone disappear without paying their dues, so it's a trust based system. For now ;)

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
I run a fairly cheap DIY. Obviously this attracts people with little money or with changing life circumstances and I try to be as understanding as I can. As long as they look after their horse, keep up with paying as much as they can, then I probably way too tolerant. I've never had anyone disappear without paying their dues, so it's a trust based system. For now ;)

Yes, tend to do the same basically. Life's too short. We've been fortunate in that we've never - in 21 years of doing it - had someone who was a difficult payer, thank goodness.

In fact, we've always had lovely liveries! Only one who was a rotten apple in the barrow and she only stayed for a month.

Current livery is the perfect livery-from-heaven; lovely to have around the place and ALWAYS pays on time. And no, no-one else is having her if I can help it:)