People who let their dogs cock their legs over everything ?

asmp

Visit site
Reading someone else‘s post about their dog cocking its leg and managing to wee on himself reminded me how cross I was the other day fence judging. My car was parked close by and at least two people let their dog cock its leg on it. I did shout out to one person but probably too politely. It’s not as if they had to walk the dogs that close either, there was plenty of room.

A friend the other day said she would only have bitches as she can’t stand the way dogs do this everywhere (just after the farrier‘s dog had cocked it’s leg on a bag of fertiliser).

Rant over! (Don’t get me started on the two other people - one a well know eventer - who let their dogs poo on the course and didn’t pick it up)

scats

Visit site
Don’t get me started. I groom a few dogs who come in to my salon and pee on everything over and over- my walls, shelving units, fan, drawer units...
They then get collected by the owner and cock their legs on my vehicles/plant pots... you name it!

Spot_On03

Visit site
Don’t get me started. I groom a few dogs who come in to my salon and pee on everything over and over- my walls, shelving units, fan, drawer units...
They then get collected by the owner and cock their legs on my vehicles/plant pots... you name it!

Also a groomer. Bugs the hell out of me also!!!! Those owners that have insisted their dog has been for a walk prior to groom, as it does a monumental wee and poo in the salon...!

Clodagh

Visit site
I would never have a dog, and don’t allow visitors to bring them into my house. They pee on everything.
Although TW bought Bo in recently, as I was involved in his rehome I let him in and he didn’t do anything.
Last male dog in the house before him peed all over my shooting coat which was lying on a bench, they are dirty things .

Mynstrel

Visit site
I would never have a dog, and don’t allow visitors to bring them into my house. They pee on everything.
Although TW bought Bo in recently, as I was involved in his rehome I let him in and he didn’t do anything.
Last male dog in the house before him peed all over my shooting coat which was lying on a bench, they are dirty things .

Not if they've been brought up properly they aren't

Clodagh

Visit site
Well there’s hope then! But as the ones I know cock their legs and obviously my house smells of bitches, they can stay in the garden.
Tbf I’m not keen on any visitors dogs coming in the house.

Last edited:

Cloball

Visit site
Not dogs but OH came home raging because three people held their children to wee over his bike in full of his shop....less than 100m from the public loos.

millikins

Visit site

I disagree. My standard poodle was brought up properly but still pee'd all over a friend's rucksack left on the floor. Poodle had a very dominant personality despite being neutered, he hadn't done such a thing before so caught us unawares but he stayed on a lead in future if somewhere other dogs lived so something to "prove". He's the only dog I've ever owned, it's back to bitches for me.

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Neither of my entire males has ever pee'd in the house. I don't generally bring them into other people's houses. One did pee on my leg once ? and a puppy's head. But he's stayed in hotels and tents all over Europe and has been clean.
If a dog pee'd on my car, yeah bit rude but don't think I could get too bent out of shape about it.
If I see mine going to pee on things like post boxes or people's wheelie bins, I will pull them away.

GreyMane

Visit site
Oh yes. OH's motorbike has to live on the street and has to be covered or it attracts thieves, but its cover smells absolutely appalling because of dogs.
I was cleaning a window when I saw a woman letting her dog cock its leg on the bike cover; as its leg was already up, all I had time to do was shout an incoherent "Oy!" at her; she then became absolutely livid at me for shouting - I found myself following her up the street trying to explain/apologise that my shouting was only due to lack of reaction time - she was far more angry with me than I had been with her!
Sister wants another dog but says she will only consider female puppies, for this reason.
I was shopping with her recently when we saw someone let their dog pee on some houseplants outside a florist's shop. They didn't even notice - the dog was on a lead.

wren123

Visit site
Or first lab when we got married was a dog and he never ever cocked his leg in the house.
Out on a walk now that was a different matter!

PapaverFollis

Visit site
I don't let mine pee on anything they shouldn't. They've never cocked a leg in the house or any house or shops or cafes or pubs we have visited. Even the Sprollie who thinks he is The Big Man. ? He did once get confused and peed on my wellie (I was wearing said wellie) but that's very much not the norm!! Like everything with dogs it is mostly down to the owner and their attentiveness and training effort or lack thereof. I basically watched them like a hawk when they were young dogs and rapidly corrected any attempts to lift a leg in the wrong place. It's just one of those things. They have instincts, you have to shape them to being socially acceptable.

I couldn't get worked up about a dog peeing on my car though. Only on stuff that I would have to handle. Yard dogs peeing on feed bins and storage boxes used to annoy me.

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
I would absolutely get worked up if someone let their dog pee on any of my cars. So rude and unnecessary.

I've never had a dog, only bitches so I don't have experience with this but would think it could be trained/controlled in some way.

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Females are much harder to stop weeing in the house as pups, in my experience. They're like ninjas. Just drop and go. My current female used to climb up on my giant beanbag and pee on it. That was my 'bed' ?

teddypops

Visit site
Not all dogs do. Mine don’t.

paddy555

Visit site

my entire GSD male has never peed in the house since his house training days and was the easiest to house train. Nor in the car or anywhere else where he shouldn't

PapaverFollis

Visit site
I don't let my dogs pee on cars by the way. But given that my cars get driven through all kinds of mud and muck out on the roads I'm not about to get upset if someone else's dog has a sneeky piddle on a wheel. It's very rarely more than a drop after the first wee on a walk anyway.

A postman peed on my gatepost once. That was rude.

some show

Visit site
My boy's neutered and I don't let him wee on anyone's car/gate/bins, but walks are a long, stop-start-stop-start of sniffing and weeing, god he takes ages sometimes :D (and I let him). Such impressive bladder control that I wish I had myself! Do some bitches do that to, or is it always just a case of one or two big wees and they're done?

TheresaW

www.justgiving.com
I don't let my dogs pee on cars by the way. But given that my cars get driven through all kinds of mud and muck out on the roads I'm not about to get upset if someone else's dog has a sneeky piddle on a wheel. It's very rarely more than a drop after the first wee on a walk anyway.

A postman peed on my gatepost once. That was rude.

Unless I actually saw it, I wouldn’t have a clue if a dog peed up against my car

TheresaW

www.justgiving.com
My boy's neutered and I don't let him wee on anyone's car/gate/bins, but walks are a long, stop-start-stop-start of sniffing and weeing, god he takes ages sometimes :D (and I let him). Such impressive bladder control that I wish I had myself! Do some bitches do that to, or is it always just a case of one or two big wees and they're done?

Luna will pee a lot on walks, tends to be a squat though. Bo will then cover it ?‍♀️

minesadouble

Visit site
I'm actually quite shocked that people have a perception that male dogs cock their legs in a house.
Our entire male dogs would never dream of it any more than a bitch would. House trained is house trained whether male or female.

Have to say I could not care less if any dog cocked it's leg on my car though.
It gets driven through so much mud, horse and cow crap that a bit of dog pee would be the least of it's worries!

Moobli

Visit site
I’m surprised at the quite strong assertions that male dogs pee on everything. Once housetrained my males (entire and neutered) never pee in the house (mine or anyone else’s), in the car, in shops etc. I’m not bothered if my dogs pee on the wheels of my own car but would try to avoid them doing it on someone else’s or someone’s bins etc. That’s just good manners.

windand rain

Visit site
One reason I only have bitches is they are so much easier to house train never had a bitch take longer than a week dogs on the other hand have taken months sometimes, Willow never has wee in the house in fact only really has 3 wee per day and the for one you have to bribe her. Might be a retriever thing though. We had a dog golden he walked into a new house and after 8 years of never weeing in a house promptly peed several times in the house marking wees not full peeing. All our dogs have been obedience trained to a degree but males have always been harder. I don't think one weeing on a tyre would bother me too much but those that let them poo without picking up dtive me nuts