People who use hoofboots...

Pippity

Visit site
Do you use overreach boots on top?

I've recently bought a pair of Renegade Vipers. I love them for hacking but, when schooling, I've heard a few clonks. I haven't had eyes on the ground to confirm it's just Blue overreaching but, knowing her movement, I suspect that's the case.

Are they likely to withstand regular clonking, or should I find some way to protect them a bit?

mavandkaz

Visit site
I used vipers, and would hear the clonk nearly every stride as my boy has a big over track.
I presumed he was striking the base of the boot more then anything, never lost one. Didn't use over reach boots but presume you could.
Although if she's catching the heel captivator it wouldn't pull the rest of the boot off anyway, and the base of the boot shouldn't be coming out that far at the back to be caught.

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
The only thing the hind toe strikes is the captivator and even when the boot is snug and fitted correctly the force can be enough to ping the front boot off. My horse has a very long stride in canter and without overreach boots they come off every single time. They can twist a bit but never enough to end up back to front.

Attachments

• 30D625D8-7AB4-48F6-B89A-1F03486445CB.jpeg
    30D625D8-7AB4-48F6-B89A-1F03486445CB.jpeg
    235.9 KB · Views: 14