perfect grazing paddock for one greedy mare

EJ87

Visit site
Can anyone please send me pics of the perfect grazing paddock suitable for one horse. currently on a paddock about 3x10m which she has grazed down to its very short but not bare yet. i have been supplementing with 2 leafs of hay a day. she is very greedy and she has been very high on the grass recently due to sugar. just wondered what the perfect paddock looked like?

be positive

Visit site
3m x 10 metres is not in my opinion a paddock for turnout but a restricted area for injured horses or possibly a mini. She will be getting no meaningful exercise in such a small area and that is more likely to be causing her to be high.

I would get her onto a far bigger area, ideally long and narrow or round the edge of a field so she can move more, get into trot or faster if she wants to, she will need to keep moving to eat which will also burn off more calories and energy.

If there is too much grass can something else go on first to eat the best of it or can she have company to play with that will also get her using some energy.

The other option is to muzzle and up the work to get weight off.