PERNAMAX™ EQUINE

brightmount

Visit site
Yes I use it, and it honestly is really effective. In fact of any supplement I have tried for anything, it is the one thing that has shown unmistakable results. The only problem is its palatability. I had used GLM (Green Lipped Mussels) before in the shape of Lyproflex, and hadn't noticed any difference, however at that time my horse was on part livery and being fed by the staff, and I am convinced she was just spitting out the tablets. Now that we are on DIY, I am crushing the tablets (now using Pernamax, I don't think you can get Lyproflex any more) to a fine powder and mixing them in well with her feed. I had to increase the dose by stealth and I never did the loading dose, but I still noticed a dramatic improvement.

Definitely worth a try.

brightmount

Visit site
It's extracted from green lipped mussels and it is an anti inflammatory that is particularly effective for arthritis, although my vet prescribed GLM to a friend's horse as a bute alternative after an injury.

FAYEFUDGE

Visit site
Im using this product at the moment and i think it is fantastic. The best I've tried!
Definately worth a try! <span style="color:pink"> </span>

Nic

Visit site
Cynic
tongue.gif

FAYEFUDGE is this the same supplement as Maxavit which you have just been talking about in veterinary?

Or are both supplements the best you have ever tried?

brightmount

Visit site
Every time a thread comes up about this supplement (Pernamax Equine by Maxavita to clear up the confusion) people who rave about it get accused of being on the company payroll.

If something works - it works! Get over it! Why are so many people so narrow minded? The whole point of a forum like this is so people can say what works and what doesn't, hopefully saving other people money.

Nic

Visit site
"FAYEFUDGE is this the same supplement as Maxavit which you have just been talking about in veterinary?

Or are both supplements the best you have ever tried"

That was my point, no need to be rude! I just thought it strange that FF has only made posts in threads about this supplement.

And FYI It is something I am actually interested in but I like to make sure that the people saying it is all that and a bag of chips, are genuine. I am already paying the best part of £100 a month on supplements not to mention his steroid injections so I won't apologise for being cautious.

Sparklet

Visit site
They all start the same - stranger logs on to ask for advice, another stranger logs on to rave about it. You rave about it and one other nameless poster raves about it.

What about the subject title too - is that normal?

Sorry, I'm still cynical and only my horse is allowed to take me for a ride.

EquestrianFairy

Visit site
Haha, im sorry if im confusing people!

The title was copy and pasted from the Pernamax website as i was looking on it and couldnt be bothered to spell it out.

My Horse is currently on synequin so im desperatly trying to seek an alternative: £148.00 isnt a fun amount to be spending on supplements every two months.

Believe me, me if i worked for them i wouldnt of just spent £25.00 ordering my first load to try out.
Unfortunatly my job isnt that exciting as im a Nanny!

I posted this on my other forum but no one replied so as im new to this one i thought id give it ago, least some people have replied to this one!

Modified to add: I hope everyone on this forum isnt as suspicious as Sparklet, otherwise no one will ever post any questions about supplements etc.
I will however check out the Vetenary Thread about it aswell.

Sparklet

Visit site
You could have saved yourself the touble and used the search facility to get your info - there have been several similar threads recently - hence my scepticism.

Anyway despite my contribution you have obviously reached an a conclusion and placed your order.

FAYEFUDGE

Visit site
I can assure you all I do not work for Pernamax!
Wish I did and got a share of their profits!
Have to say that I would definately recommend it to anyone.
I've tried all the usual supplements and have found this is the only one that seems to make any difference.

Sparklet

Visit site
I dont believe anyone has said you work for the company - merely commented that the same type of thread keeps appearing.

Anyway back to business what exactly is wrong with your horse and which supplements have you tried?

FAYEFUDGE

Visit site
Have tried cortaflex, naf superflex/joint flex, Feel good thirty, etc. Didnt feel any of them made a difference. Horse still stiff. Vet thought it may have been a form of DJD. But it has never got any worse. Horse seems fine/sound at the moment. Have also started using Ollov horse shoes which seem to be working well.

Sparklet

Visit site
Do you know anything about the technical stuff - cortaflex and superflex contain glucasomine which has been used for some time to treat horses (and my dear old mum!
grin.gif
). What is the active ingrediant and what conditions do they recommend its usage?

My friends horse is on cortaflex and has seen no improvement but he has had no vet diagnosis - he just doesnt carry himself like he used to.

FAYEFUDGE

Visit site
A vet recently told me that the problem with cortaflex is that it doesn't actually contain any glucosamine! I nearly died as I'd been using it for ages.
If you are interested in Maxavita I would advise you to log onto their website as I found it very helpful. I also phoned the company to check out their claims etc. I know how expensive it can be to keep your horse in supplements and am always suspicious of their claims. I also have the added problem that my horse is very fussy about what he eats.I can only say that Maxavita has definately worked for me.

EquestrianFairy

Visit site
Basically my boy is very stiff, hes 15yo and does have slight DJD.

Bloods been taken etc as he hasnt been himself recently and almost 'down' 'sad' anyway, seems hes all healthy and fine clincially- no virus, no diseases etc.

So we've come to the conclusion that hes getting old and feeling the weather, hes been on synequin but at £149.00 a pop id like to try something else.. hence the ask for Pernamax.

FAYEFUDGE

Visit site
That's awful. I would definately try the Pernamax supplement. It works out at about £72 for 3 months supply. Omega oil is also very good for joint problems.
I have also changed my horse to rubber coated Ollov shoes as they cut down the concussion to his joints.
Hopefully this is of some help to you.