Pessoa - photos?

horsegirl

Visit site
I used the pessoa thing last night for the first thing and apart from hairing round with his head in the air and a wild look in his eye it didn't seem to do much. I had it on the lowest setting but don't really know how tight it should be or even if I had it connected in the right places!! Does anyone have any photos they could post which show this as the diagrams which came with it are drawings of stick horses!

SilverSkye

Visit site
Not sure if this is of any help??

S4020419.jpg

on that photo it is set on the lowest setting is difficult to explain what clips where but hopefully if you look closely ( maybe squint a little as not a great photo!!) you might get an idea!
It did take my mare a few sessions to get used to it and even now she can still be quite tense when working in it if she is a bit fresh.
xx

H-J

www.piczo.com
Surely if they are tense does this not defeat the object of them relaxing and working?

I am going to try one for the first time tonight and my horse is quite lively so im a little worried!!

KJJ

Visit site
I was thinking about taking pics of my boy wearing his lastnight - but didn't have a camera man handy!! LOL!!

All I can say is it is a fab piece of equipment - very kind (especially the way Sally2008 helped me do slip notes rather than fixed points)
grin.gif

Claireg9

Visit site
basically the part with the fleecey wrap clips onto the top of the roller, then goes under the tail, tight enough to not droop round his hocks but loose enough to not dig in!
then you'll have two lengths either side of your horse, the bottom side ring on your roller is where the two clps should pass through, then the one with the pulley system clips onto the bit and the other clip goes on one of four settings, 1. between the front legs and clips under the belly, 2. the lowest ring on the back part of the roller 3. up one from there 4. up one from there, eventuallt simulating the riding rein position!
Obviously repeat this on the other side, as to tightness, make sure the ropes aren't sagging but are also not pulling the horse into a forced position. Lunge line goes through the bit over the pole and onto the bit the other side. Hope this helps!

SilverSkye

Visit site
You will have to try and take them like i did kjj one hand on lunge line also holding whip while trying to use camera with other hand very BHS!! Some one advised me to use slip knots as well and have to say it really helped!
Had to add an extra fleecy bit to mine as over the winter when skye was clipped it rubbed slightly a bit of modified girth sleeve stopped it though.
would have to say is the best ' gadget ' i have ever used!