Pessoa.. Who & How often?

KJJ

Visit site
Who uses one?

Sally2008 kindly came over to my yard on Sunday and tweaked, knotted and adjusted Jaggles pessoa....

Well what can I say - what a good boy!!.... as some of you may know he is known as the Kamakazi kid on the lunge... he snarls and charges kicking spinning and bucking... yet with the pessoa he was a good lad.... he still tried to tun his bum in to no avail as the pessoa took care of that!!
grin.gif

I'm so excited I can't wait to use it again.... only gunna use it for 5-10mins each rein .. plan to use it a couple of times a week!!

LOOK out Jaggles!!
blush.gif

How often do you use yours?

And thank you Sally2008 - my boys a star!!
smile.gif

sally2008

Visit site
You're very welcome sweets.
smile.gif
I was very impressed with your "killer-on-the-lunge" ponio! With that trot he really should be doing dressage.
cool.gif

I lunge Dec in his once or twice a week for about 20 minutes.

KJJ

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
You're very welcome sweets.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I was very impressed with your "killer-on-the-lunge" ponio!

[/ QUOTE ]LMAO!!! I'm sure you could see the potential to BE naughty!!! hehe cheeky rat making me a liar!!!
mad.gif

[ QUOTE ]
With that trot he really should be doing dressage.
cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Hmmmmmmmmmmm ... he may inspire me yet.... Just have to get this 'stroppy mare' triat out of me before I think about lessons!!!
crazy.gif

Maybe an nice aunty would like to take him instead of mummy!!
tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I lunge Dec in his once or twice a week for about 20 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]Coolio thankies... I wouldn't do more than 20mins TBH... will carry on with the 5mins each rein for now but will increase to 7mins, 8mins etc etc!!!
grin.gif

YAY thankies!!

BBs

Visit site
Usually use it once a week for 30 minutes - to add variety to work - but also finding it helpful to build up winstons weak bits - ooerr!

Winston loves it but when hes slightly out behind (back) he plays up and plunges and bucks like a good un
smirk.gif

I love this piece of equipment tho
smile.gif

Good boy Jags!

sally2008

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
LMAO!!! I'm sure you could see the potential to BE naughty!!! hehe cheeky rat making me a liar!!!
mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ] LOL! I could see he was thinking about it!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe an nice aunty would like to take him instead of mummy!!
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ] He does have lots of Aunties!
smile.gif
But then his mummy would miss out on all the fun
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Coolio thankies... I wouldn't do more than 20mins TBH... will carry on with the 5mins each rein for now but will increase to 7mins, 8mins etc etc!!!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Good plan - I'm sure you'll very soon notice a difference in his muscular development.
smile.gif

KJJ

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Usually use it once a week for 30 minutes - to add variety to work - but also finding it helpful to build up winstons weak bits - ooerr!

[/ QUOTE ]LOL - tis the idea with Jaggles... hoping it will help to strengthen his back
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Winston loves it but when hes slightly out behind (back) he plays up and plunges and bucks like a good un
smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]LOL!! - I'm sure Jags will find a way to have a yeehhaaa!!
[ QUOTE ]
I love this piece of equipment tho
smile.gif

Good boy Jags!

[/ QUOTE ]It's actually really giving which I was suprised about.... thankies Jags def was a good boy for not trying to kill me!!
blush.gif

KJJ

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
LOL! I could see he was thinking about it!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Hehe!!!
[ QUOTE ]
He does have lots of Aunties!
smile.gif
But then his mummy would miss out on all the fun
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Ahh but she could be a proud onlooker!!!
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Good plan - I'm sure you'll very soon notice a difference in his muscular development.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Thankies... I hope so!!
smile.gif

lizzie_liz

Visit site
I use mine once or twice a week for 30 minutes, and she is really starting to muscle up, shame i have to go back to uni this week, but have taught mum to use it so she is going to keep it up

KJJ

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I have a better idea - his mummy can RIDE him and a proud AUNTY can take the photos.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]LOL - well then aunty needs to give mummy lessons!!!
tongue.gif
NOT YET THOUGH.. got to banish stroppy me!!
tongue.gif

KJJ

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I use mine once or twice a week for 30 minutes, and she is really starting to muscle up, shame i have to go back to uni this week, but have taught mum to use it so she is going to keep it up

[/ QUOTE ]Ahhh Ok... good luck mum!!

I got worried that I would over tighten/adjust incorrectly that I asked someone (Sally2008) to help!!
blush.gif

sally2008

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
LOL - well then aunty needs to give mummy lessons!!!
tongue.gif
NOT YET THOUGH.. got to banish stroppy me!!
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Anytime you like sweets - you banish the strops and I'll erase the phrase "deeper still" from my vocab, otherwise you'll be laughing to hard to concentrate!
grin.gif

KJJ

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Anytime you like sweets - you banish the strops and I'll erase the phrase "deeper still" from my vocab, otherwise you'll be laughing to hard to concentrate!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]God yeah you HAVE to erase that phrase!!! LMAO!!
blush.gif
blush.gif

sally2008

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
God yeah you HAVE to erase that phrase!!! LMAO!!
blush.gif
blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ] PMSL! I managed to do a whole lesson yesterday without saying it
smirk.gif
but I expect I use others which your smutty mind would twist.
grin.gif

KJJ

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
PMSL! I managed to do a whole lesson yesterday without saying it
smirk.gif
but I expect I use others which your smutty mind would twist.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]All I have to say on this matter is .. it must be the company I'm keeping!!
wink.gif

lizzie_liz

Visit site
No one has really taught me to use it, but it looks right and the horse works nicely and improving so I must be doing something right. But don't really use the lowest setting as mine doesn't work that well down there!!

loopeepee

Visit site
Oh they are fantastic, I rave about them!
When I was with horse, tended to use it once or twice a week for about 30mins. After that poor neddy was very pooped!

I know a horse that broke his pedal bone and so was off work for a long time. Therefore when he came back into work he was a luni, leading in a chifney etc. At a competition (BE) he would have to be ridden at home 1st, then travelled, and then worked in further before his test. However, 40 mins on the pessoa (obv. after building time up) and the owner said she had never seen him so shattered
crazy.gif
!

KJJ

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
No one has really taught me to use it, but it looks right and the horse works nicely and improving so I must be doing something right. But don't really use the lowest setting as mine doesn't work that well down there!!

[/ QUOTE ]Fair enough, it is however very scary when you see people using gadgets when they clearly don't know how! (Not aimed at you BTW!)

KJJ

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Oh they are fantastic, I rave about them!
When I was with horse, tended to use it once or twice a week for about 30mins. After that poor neddy was very pooped!

I know a horse that broke his pedal bone and so was off work for a long time. Therefore when he came back into work he was a luni, leading in a chifney etc. At a competition (BE) he would have to be ridden at home 1st, then travelled, and then worked in further before his test. However, 40 mins on the pessoa (obv. after building time up) and the owner said she had never seen him so shattered
crazy.gif
!

[/ QUOTE ]LOL - well I'm certainly not aiming for a pooped pony!! I just want him to work nicely for short periods of time and come away having done some nice work.... I don't wanna stress him or over work him.

Sounds like it did the desired job for the horse you knew.

lizzie_liz

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Fair enough, it is however very scary when you see people using gadgets when they clearly don't know how! (Not aimed at you BTW!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I know what you mean though. Thats why I am wary of tightening it too much, would rather have it slightly looser than slightly too tight.
And no offence taken

KJJ

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I know what you mean though. Thats why I am wary of tightening it too much, would rather have it slightly looser than slightly too tight.
And no offence taken

[/ QUOTE ]Phewf!!
grin.gif

TBH common sense generally comes into play and people don't over tighten etc... however there are some people that have NO common sense!! LOL!!

I just would rather help if I'm not sure than wing it and risk hurting my baby boy!!
crazy.gif

Peanot

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

And no offence taken

[/ QUOTE ]

I too hate to see horses trussed up like turkeys on the roasting table. Some people do it though, I`ve seen it on my yard.
mad.gif
How can horses work balanced and relaxed when they are uncomfortable and held tightly together.

KJJ

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I too hate to see horses trussed up like turkeys on the roasting table. Some people do it though, I`ve seen it on my yard.
mad.gif
How can horses work balanced and relaxed when they are uncomfortable and held tightly together.

[/ QUOTE ]Too true... which is why the pessoa is fab... as it is giving... however I can see that it could be adjusted too much and create the 'tight' effect
frown.gif