Pessoas?

SilGathien

Visit site
I know there's probably been several topics about them, but I am going to post one myself, sorry!

I really want to get one, however, mother seems put off when I said not many people have them (I don't know!), because of possibly the price.

I am sure it will benefit mine from description given in catalogs, but can anyone reassure me?

My 16hh TB (ex-racer) is 6, and is quite long through the back, and so doesn't engage much, he is also a little croup high. He's also sometimes dead to the leg, which was a real pain today when I was getting accredited
crazy.gif
, however, when we first got him, he was a lot worse.

So with the pessoa, after some time, will it be beneficial and help bring him off the forehand and get him working more from behind, as this is what the catalog says?

I do feel that he is a little behind on his flatwork, and this didn't really help as for first few month I would solely concentrate on his front end >_<, however am moving away from this, but today made me seem that he doesn't move forward all the time and so can't work well from behind. I also find it hard to try and do dressgae with head in air, arg, so yes I prolly do focus a bit to much on the front.

Also, any tips for getting him off the leg? He doesn't tend to react much to the stick either, general spine jumpy action comes from using it.

Sorry about the post, it seems very rambly and disconnected, and now I feel like I can't ride, but I know I have to get him working from behind and get himup to the contact.

Well done to all that get here. xxx

Ferdinase514

Visit site
Have to quick as my supper is ready....!

To get him off your leg, try doing loads of transitions.

Have a look on e-bay for "fake" pessoa - I got one for about £20 + cost of roller. It's great works brilliantly.

Tori
XX

lizzie_liz

Visit site
i found it helped my previous horse who hated working from behind and is also helping my horse at the moment.

There are lots of people on here who have one and i know lots of people eleswhere who have them and love them.

You can buy them off ebay for about £30.

SilGathien

Visit site
:O That's a fantastic price! Have one marked on ebay atm, not going for another 2 days or something, but HB like 3quid atm, with no buy now price.

Finn, definately need lots of transitions walk-canter, but there's times from trot that I really don't think we are going to get up to canter >_<.

Thanks you 3!

EDIT: now I want to cry! The cheap pessoa went up to 46 *sniff*

Judie

Visit site
I actually have one and don't like it - you can make me an offer!!

It won't help your horse to move off your leg though - you need to put leg on, no reaction, then send him into gallop and back again a few times, be firm and positive, thank him for going forward, keep repeating this and he will soon learn. Be sure not to hold him back with your hands though as this would be confusing for him. Then loads of transitions and as soon as he backs off again repeat the gallop exercise. Don't forget your tranistions within each gait, forward trot, collected trot etc etc. Keep him round, flexed and supple, lots of leg yeilding and shoulder in. He will in time become more supple, more forward going in an up hill pace.

tashyisaudrey

Visit site
I have been using one with my mare, and it has helped her a lot. she is not so heavy on the forehand and is engaging her back end a lot more and working in an outline.

cornwallexracers

Visit site
I've been using one on my Exracer and it has definately helped build him up, now he has muscles where he should have them he finds it a lot easier to carry himself in a balanced outline.