Petplan - Moreton Morrell

mrsh2010

Visit site
I'm still in shock, but yesterday we toddled off to Moreton Morrell for Petplan, with the new system, who knows what level to enter, but speaking to instructors everyone had told me to enter Novice Silver when out competing, so I did, I didn't bother chasing Regional points this time (should have stuck at Bronze!), so petplan it was. But soon realised it meant I'd be up against the professionals, ah well, I reminded myself it's all about the experience.

So off we toddled, he was very calm and relaxed, we had a chilled out morning with no rushing, he warmed up nicely and actually let me ride him during the test, no monkeying around thinking he knew best. Ended the test and I was really pleased, I know there was parts that could have been better, but don't we always say that!

Later I went to look at the scores, I know Area festivals can be harsh, so I was expecting 62-63%, well blow me down we managed to get 66.18%, over the moon, half way through the entries and I was 5th, nail biting as to whether I'd stay in the top ten or fall. I got down to 7th with 6 riders remaining, I couldn't bear look!! But then 3 riders remaining and we were still 7th, we'd done it, we'd got our first ever Petplan rosette!! Ended up 9th overall out of 26 riders, but I'm so over the moon!!

Sorry to ramble! Just needed to share!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Great result and lovely pictures! Well done!

What's next on the agenda? (when you come back down to earth, I mean :lol: )

mrsh2010

Visit site
Thank you :)

Life is manic now for the next few weeks!

Bury Farm next weekend - doing our first ever freestyle to music and the High Profile Novice on the Sunday
The following weekend is Riding Club Dressage to Music qualifier
Then off to Lincoln for the Riding Club nationals :D

Staying clear of XC for the time being!