Phantom Pregnancy?

TheresaW

www.justgiving.com
Can I have some advice please?

Our Luna is 16 months old. She had her 2nd season back in July, but over the last few days has started acting really oddly. She is very clingy, and whining all the time unless we are fussing her. I think she could be having a phantom pregnancy, but other than a couple of her nipples being slightly enlarged, and I could be imagining that if I’m honest, no other signs. She keeps hiding under the little table, or in a corner and crying, and is restless. Eating drinking and toileting normally. Has been digging at the floor in corners of the room. She is booked in to be spayed on the 15th of this month.

I will phone the vet, but I don’t really know what to say to them. She is fine in all ways, just clingy and restless.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Just tell the vet what you have told us, it does sound like a phantom pregnancy to me but of course, I am not a vet and I haven't seen the dog. You definitely need to discuss with the vet, as you are intending to have her spayed soon. You can't do that until her hormones have settled.

TheresaW

www.justgiving.com
She’s been checked over, and they can’t see anything wrong, not a phantom. Just got to keep an eye on her. Could just be she’s found her voice apparently, or something has upset her. She’s not hiding anymore, but is still having the odd dig at the floor.

Last edited:

TheresaW

www.justgiving.com
Back to herself, just slightly more clingy than she usually is. I am really stressing to myself about her op, no idea why, and I wonder if she’s picking up on it a bit? It’s a long time since I’ve had a dog fixed, but had all the cats we’ve owned done, and don’t remember ever feeling so concerned before.