Phew what a day - BD National Champs

burtie

Visit site
Went today to watch and I have never been before. It is a real eye opener and very interesting to see a collection of the best in the country in action. Today we had everything from the Elementary restricted riders to Intermediare 2 so a real collection of different levels.

Having left at 6.30 this morning I have only just got back so a long day too!

It is well worth going for any level of Dressage rider and vary refreshing to see that at every level there are ordinary types of horse(very nice still!) but very well trained still doing well. I can't deny in the open elementary, intermediare and Prix St George there were a lot of big moving lovely warmbloods, but equally a selection of just nice horses well trained.

Off for a nice relax and bath now!!!

Evadiva1514

Visit site
Pleased you had a nice day, im going on Sunday, going to try and get there early to watch the prelim and then stay right through for the Grand Prix freestyle... Can't wait!!!
grin.gif
grin.gif

I wonder how TOG got on in the elementary Restricted class today??

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
i wanted to go but because of work can't this year (GRRRRRRRR)

But friend won the open Elementary and was 5th in the Intermediare II today AND she has another 3 classes i think over the next few days as she has 3 horses qualified for the finals. The horse she won the Elementary on she qualified at Medium and Ad Medium but has dropped the Ad as you can only compete at two levels on each horse.

She has serious horse power which her parents can rightly afford but she is a very good rider (wouldn't have won if she wasn't
wink.gif
) and is a very down to earth girl even if i haven't actually seen her in a few years!!!

vanessahook

Visit site
I went too and was supposed to be there to watch TOG but the traffic was appalling so completely missed her!!!!
The weather was really bad aswell with a full thunder storm and rain like you wouldn't believe but it brightened up and was nice and sunny later on and my friend won the Inter 2 so very glad i stuck it out!!

burtie

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
did you see the grey cob that was placed in the elementary it was so sweet!

[/ QUOTE ]

I did and I have to say although not my cup of tea at all. He did a lovely test with her and it was accurate and flowing and a well deserved placing!

I felt really sorry for the poor girl who abandoned her PSG as the weather was so bad. We all cheered when the judges announced she could continue her test later in the day from the point she retired. We were hiding in the covered stands thoughout the heavy rain and thunderstorm. Did you get wet?

burtie

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I went too and was supposed to be there to watch TOG but the traffic was appalling so completely missed her!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Do we know how they did? I didn't get there until about 9.30 due to traffic so also missed a lot of the early elementary runners?

We were pleased your friend won the Inter 2 as did a very nice test!

vanessahook

Visit site
I think TOG was about joint 8th or 9th, i only quickly glanced at the results sheet, i have just PM'd her to find out.
I was just sad you couldn't really get close to the Rock Cottage arena so i sat in the uncovered seating trying to see over the arch bit where they entered the arena, but it was a nice test and she thoroughly deserves it!!

katelarge

Visit site
My yard manager is in the Pavo Potential International Dressage Horse class on Sunday, riding against really big names! Very proud of her and finding it quite funny that she does that and still tolerates me and my hoss's general ineptness. She even rides him!

piaffe

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
you have to love Giddy don't you
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep! She's a fab little mare, really geniune and so sweet!
grin.gif

Glad they did so well.

S_N

Visit site
I love both Giddy and Walter (though I think Walter is sold now - he was in H&H a while back....) See, Topper could have got there if things had been different for him......

Iestyn

Visit site
I wish I could make it. Friend of mine was doing Open Elementary today and did very well I think. She's also in the Medium Restricted on Sunday and I have everything crossed she does well!