Phoebe Buckley for reschooling/selling horse?

Lou_Lou123

Visit site
For several reasons I have decided to sell my horse. I moved to Ireland a few months ago and don't really have time to ride him at the moment, let alone sell him so I have decided given this, and the fact that he is a bit sharp the best thing to do will be to send him back to the UK on sales livery to a professional(the market for horses here is very bad at the moment too so I think the UK really is the best option).

I contacted Phoebe Buckley as I have heard that she is good with 'less than perfect horses' (as she puts it on her website), but I was wondering if anyone has had a horse schooled/competed/sold by her, and if they had any feedback good, bad or indifferent, on here or by PM please?

I have explained his quirks and current level of schooling and she is happy to take him on, the idea being that she would assess him and work towards getting him to a couple of events and then selling him.

Also any general advice about what to expect from this kind of livery as I've never sent a horse away before, I've always looked after/ridden them myself?

Thanks,

Lou

JDChaser

Visit site
Im sure there's someone on here who works for her, but i can't for the life of me remember her username! I'll keep thinking... I watched a video of Pheobe XC schooling a young horse and she was fantastic, and seen her at competitions and i'd be more than willing to send a horse to her :)

kit279

Visit site
Yes, that would be me - she rode for me a few times, became a good friend and I did her website for her to say thank you. I really rate her as a rider - she gets sent difficult horses and she does a super job with them. She's not stick happy, that's not it - she's actually just got a real way with sharp horses, not just the naughty ones but the shy stressy ones too. She has ridden all of mine for me, both competitively and just for schooling when they got a bit lairy on me.

If you want to PM me, I'll happily share my thoughts. She doesn't really buy and sell horses, she mostly rides and teaches but she would be a first class competition jockey. I'm of the opinion that if a horse won't go XC for her, it probably wouldn't go for anyone!

Lou_Lou123

Visit site
Thanks guys, sounds positive. Kit, I'll PM you in a bit if that's ok...really have to do a quick bit of tidying up before I give up and sit down for the evening!

Last edited:

mrussell

Visit site
We have lessons from Phoebes and she has a different approach for each of our naughty Geegee's. Lovely gir who is really interested in working with the horse and is not money or time motivated.

wench

Visit site
I have seen her at an event whilst I was dressage stewarding, and she was one of the nicest riders I have ever met. Very polite.