Physio and saddler in berkshire

Lou_Lou123

Visit site
Hi,

My horse is feeling tight in his back and is not himself, I'm going to get his teeth/tack/ back checked and already have a good dentist. Can anyone recommend a good physio and saddler in Berkshire? We are towards the maidenhead side of Berkshire and would rather go on a recommendation than just google one!

Thanks

:)

Auslander

Visit site
I'm also in Maidenhead, and use Jenny from Bridgefield Physio. I cant remember where they are (Surrey somewhere) but Jenny is fab! They seem to spend a lot of time on professional development, so have a great range of tactics. My horse needs regular sessions, so let me know if you do decide to use them, and we can make it worth her while coming over this way!

Lou_Lou123

Visit site
Thank you both, I will look into both. Have not used an osteo before I don't think. I moved out of the area for a while so just trying to find out who is recommended as it seems some people I used to use are no longer in the area!

Any saddlers? I want to get my dressage saddle checked in case it needs reflocking and hopefully soon will be looking for a second hand jumping saddle.

smac

Visit site
I used Sherie on a recommendation, and as the horse needed an osteo. All seemed well. But the horse continued to stumble. I mentioned this to her and she told me to put saddle furthur forward. I had the vet out to see him as I still wasnt satisfied with the horses movement, (prix st george horse) and within an hour she had diagnosed kissing spine. When I spoke to Sherie (who to be fair is a lovely lady) said oh yeah I thought something was brewing there! I was like :eek: why not tell me?!

So a little cross. But the horse did improve for her treatments and the vet said muscle wise horse was in a good way (and he def wasnt before Sherie visits). However my other horses - for the last 7/8 years have always had Jenny from Bridgefield Physio and I worship the ground she walks on! She is constantly on training courses and learning new techniques- such the Kinesio taping etc.

I had a welsh x tb and Jenny treated him, next day he competed and his scores improved 11% in a week! That was first time she treated a horse and mine have thrived with her since!

Leg_end

Visit site
Whatever you do, don't use Sue @ Centell (Hall Place)!!! If you want a why PM me ;)

I use Julia who does my wow (can't remember her surname) but she is based wilts way. I'm pretty sure she does other brands too. I've also heard good things about TDS (but have also heard bad) but as I'm sure you know it's a bit of a minefield finding someone good.

PolarSkye

Visit site
Saddler - James Turner. Physio - James Newton (although he's ill and very difficult to get hold of).

P

Lou_Lou123

Visit site
Thanks all, That's given me a good variety to look into. It certainly is a minefield but hopefully I'll know who is worth trying now!