physiotherapy for horses

lillie

lilliedodger.proboards99.com
as some of you know i moved Linx to a new yard about 6weeks ago

3 weeks ago on his first night out with all the geldings (7 others) he got kicked from behind the wounds started to heal & he had no lameness just a bit stiff however 3 days later the wound looked infected so a friend had the vet out so i got them to have a look & he went on antibiotics & the wounds are clearing up really well

but last week i went to ride him & he was lame so i left it for a week & he still wasnt right he isnt lame lame he just isnt right so i decided to get vet out. so today he came & Linx has pulled one of the muscles that goes from his spine across his quarters. he was given a cortizone (sp?) injection & a weeks worth of Danilon for the pain & i was told to keep him out as much as possible & to lead him inhand daily.

he said to fone mid week to book a check-up & if he still isnt right he may have to have some physiotherapy which is fine but i wondered if anyone has ever had this for their horse the different types, recommendations & costs so i can plan ahead

thank you in advance

Caritas

Visit site
Hi there, i to am from bristol and use a physio called claire kincaid and she is great charges around 40 for approx 2 hr session, good value for money. I can pm her number if interesdted and you can claim on your insurance for alternative treatment.

Stella

Visit site
I would reiterate Lynz's point. A properly qualified Equine Physio can be very good. I have one that I use whenever my mare's movements suggests she has a muscle arry (3 times since April because I have been bringing her back into work and the muscles are building). I wouldn't use any of the more 'alternative' types of back treatment though, the types who aren't qualified beyond a few weeks course in something 'different'!!