Picking poo off carpet fibre surface - easy or difficult?

catembi

Visit site
If I ever get planning permission, my school surface will be carpet fibre. I have tried out a carpet fibre gallops (OMG, my QH is **fast**) & spoken to a few people who have had their arenas down for a while, but I forgot to ask what it's like to poo pick from.

dogatemysalad

Visit site
Ours is a mix of sand and carpet fibre. Taking the poo out isn't a problem. I love the surface, it's been down 3 years and is one of the best surfaces I've used. It can withstand the current heavy rain without flooding or getting soggy and is never dusty in summer. I really rate it.

Polos Mum

Visit site
Mine was an old sand and tiny plastic bits surface that I put carpet over the top of (never mechanically mixed in). I do find a lot of bits stick to the poos. To the point I don't put them on the muck heap (or I'll spread carpet all over my fields). I put them around the edge and every now and again get rubber gloves and chuck all the carpet bits back in!

I also find the poo impossible to see from the floor when I go back in to get it

But I love it as s surface and a small niggle is well worth the no puddles, never deep, minimal harrowing etc.

Pippity

Visit site
We have carpet fibre on top of sand, and it isn't great for poo picking. I've resorted to doing it by hand (with a pair of gloves!) because I didn't like how much surface I couldn't avoid taking.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I've been on a few yards with flexiride which are the bigger chunks of carpet and that does seem impossible to pick up droppings without taking surface with you if you use a poo picker. I'd use gloves if it was my own place.

I had finely shredded carpet fibres more like fluffy threads and that wasn't an issue as the fibre tended to stay embedded in the sand and the poo flicked off the top.