Pickle is now 17 weeks old!

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
Hi guys,

I know that I have been rubbish at keeping up to date with you all, I have no idea where the time goes!!

Pickle is now 17 weeks old and just gorgeous. She is a little monkey with a right temper if she doesn't get her own way :eek: We seem to of almost past the chewing the doodah out of you stage but she is teething terribly. We got her a big bone from the butchers on Saturday and she loves it, its kept her quiet for hours!!

168998_1827747531290_1168355753_2268170_7425765_n.jpg

She is growing quickly but we are keeping an eye on her weight as she isn't eating anywhere near the amount she should be. I had to take her to the vets last Monday as she had a lump come up but it turned out to be a reaction to one of her rabies jabs. I weighted her then and I am sure she was 6.75kg, when I took her back today for her blood test she weighed 6.6kg so we will wander over there some time next week and just weigh her again to keep an eye on it. She doesn't look skinny though so I am not overly worried.

We started Puppy Training classes last week and she was so good, her over boisterous behaviour also seems to of passed and she played really nicely, outrunning all of the other pups!! Recall is getting there, its not perfect but it was good enough to let her off the lead when we took her to the woods on Sunday, she was pretty good, we only had to go and get her a couple of times! While there she made friends with a 5 month old White Alsation who used her as a rolling ball!! he kept knocking her over and rolling her in the mud!! resulting in her looking like this!!

30012011167.jpg

She was shattered when we got back to the car and we had kept the walk fairly short (20 mins or so) and very very muddy!

30012011173.jpg

She was far from happy when we put her in the bath when we got back, the bathroom looked like a mud masacre by the time hubby had finished!! Pickle is still most definitely a Daddy's girl, she adores him and follows him everywhere. She is still going to work with Simon 2/3 days a week and is at home with me the others. Pickle has outgrown her booster seat already.....and eaten half of it!! So hubby has adapted a new one for her with lots of ratchet straps to secure the bed to the seat and also to make sure her seatbelt still fits properly

photo.jpg

Well I hope that I havn't bored you too much with Pickle pics but you were all so great while we were waiting to get her I thought you would like to see how she is growing up :D

Slinkyunicorn

www.rutlandhorseextras.co.uk
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!:D:D:D

She is just the cutest!!:D

I found some piccies of St Sweep as a pupster so will take some piccies of them and upload them for you to see how much the hearthrug has changed in colour:cool:

St Sweep used to have a Ridgeback friend called Fudge who was a couple of months older then him and she used to kick him around like a football and he adored it:D but woe betide anyother dog in the park who wanted to play with him - Fudge would send them packing!!:eek:

Good to see her looking like a proper spangle all covered in mud - you bathing the mud off standards may well slip when she looks like that EVERY day:rolleyes::D:D:D

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!:D:D:D

She is just the cutest!!:D

I found some piccies of St Sweep as a pupster so will take some piccies of them and upload them for you to see how much the hearthrug has changed in colour:cool:

St Sweep used to have a Ridgeback friend called Fudge who was a couple of months older then him and she used to kick him around like a football and he adored it:D but woe betide anyother dog in the park who wanted to play with him - Fudge would send them packing!!:eek:

Good to see her looking like a proper spangle all covered in mud - you bathing the mud off standards may well slip when she looks like that EVERY day:rolleyes::D:D:D

I look forward to seeing those pics of St Sweep. Pickle loved being knocked flying every 10 seconds, no crying or yelping she just kept going back for more!

Pickle needs to learn the get used to the shower, its got to be easier than the bath!!!

numptynoelle

Visit site
Can I admit to LOVING bathing muddy spangles? :eek: (Well, I pretend to hate it because you're supposed to - people look at you funny when you admit it)

Got to the stage with Madam at one point that I'd have to have her in the shower with me nearly everyday :eek: I've never been as clean since! :eek:

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
Can I admit to LOVING bathing muddy spangles? :eek: (Well, I pretend to hate it because you're supposed to - people look at you funny when you admit it)

Got to the stage with Madam at one point that I'd have to have her in the shower with me nearly everyday :eek: I've never been as clean since! :eek:

Come on round Numpty!!! Si was covered with mud from head to toe by the time he's finished!!!

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Can't believe how the time has flown. I will forgive you for calling a GSD an "Alsation" as Pickle is so gorgeous. ;) Spangle rolling does seem to be a GSD thing, this is Evie with our neighbours pup Poppy.

DSC01318.jpg

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
Can't believe how the time has flown. I will forgive you for calling a GSD an "Alsation" as Pickle is so gorgeous. ;) Spangle rolling does seem to be a GSD thing, this is Evie with our neighbours pup Poppy.

DSC01318.jpg

Sorry about that, I never can tell the difference, they all look like Rozza Doggies to me :D That is just how Pickle looked yesterday being rolled around, she loved it!!

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Must be a spangle thing. There isn't a difference, they are all GSDs, the name Alsatian doesn't really exist now, has even been dropped by the KC at last. I rather like Rozza Doggies though, has a certain ring to it. :D

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
She has grown up so quickly, they don't stay babies for long do they :cool: I think we will be going back over the wood this weekend to see if she can find her new friend :D