Pics - my youngster

Hollywood

Visit site
0431.jpg

This is my 2 1/2 year old Knabstrupper - picture was taken today - very proud of her and can't wait til next year to start breaking her.

Hollywood

Visit site
Thank you.
I want to do a bit of everything with her but I think she would excel at dressage, however she has jumped out of the field twice so maybe a bit of eventing aswell. I will take my time and just get her out and about seeing things and take it from there.

Hollywood

Visit site
They are generally bred as good alrounders and will turn their hoof to anything. Because they are quite rare in this country most of them have just been bred. Holly is a Tresaison Knabstrupper by their stallion Nobody's Harlequin who is also used alot on TB's which produces a lovely cross and will always produce spotted of some sort as he is homozygous.

Boxers

Visit site
I must confess to not being a huge fan of spotted horses, but she is stunning. I think it's because her face is darker. I wish you luck when you start breaking her in. This spring we will be re-backing Jay and getting him started, hopefully to become a show jumper in the future.

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
Wow that is some mesmerising arragement of spots - delightful!

I very like her! Congrats. Who's she by? Keep us posted.

Hollywood

Visit site
Thank you all for your lovely comments - Yes she was bred in Wales at the Tresaison Stud who breed quality spotted sport horses. She is a great character aswell.

Sportyspots

Visit site
Hi Hollywood, thought I'd say hi! I've got 2 by Harley and as you said earlier they are unfortunatly mostly just used for breeding however mine compete. My tb cross was scoring +80% in dressage at 4, at 5 qualified for 3 different BRC champ events dressage and jumping by winning his arena each time, did a one day event which he won and finished top of the novice horseball league, oh and was also ridden sport horse champion at a County show so yes they do make good all rounders and Im just a typical amature trying to fit horses around full time work. Got a colt the same age as your filly who had 3 outings last year winning each time including standing champion above professionally produced horses. They have such trainable temperaments and Harley throws them with such good movement its a shame more arent out competing, looking forward to hearing how your filly progresses, she looks stunning, good luck

Hollywood

Visit site
Hi Sportyspots, I have followed your results all this season and must say to you how brilliant you are. Love your 5 year old and I saw your 3 year old in the field when I went to see Holly and thought he was lovely, but then all of the Tresaisons are fab. I hope you all the very best for 2012 with your wonderful knabbies. I must say you are absolutely right about the temperaments of this breed they are out on their own, very trainable and very intelligent.

finnywinny

www.earthwisegardens.com
Hi Hollywood and Sportyspots, only just found this thread but wanted to say Hi, as another Knabbie owner who competes her spotty girl. I own Vil Aetsted, an 11 year old blanket spot mare by the Oldenburg stallion Laban af Kloster out of Vixen , a prolific Knabbie broodmare. I've owned her just 18 months and we do a bit of many things mostly at low/local level - dressage to Novice, showing (she hasn't been placed lower than 2nd in any showing class and was Res Champ at a show last summer), bit of sj and xc (i'm the wimp, not her), loads of fun rides, hacking etc and this year I aim to try trec and put her under side-saddle. she has the most amazing temperament and as a somewhat nervous rider I feel safe enough to try out all sorts, including hacking in the recent gales!

Hollywood - i think we may have "met" in the Facebook Knabbie page, I recognise your girl. She's stunning, not one you would forget!

Loads of luck to you both and maybe connect again. XXX