Pics of drain for tooth abcess, for those interested.

showjump

Visit site
Following my other post in vets and NL.

Heres some pics of my boys drain, which im flushing out twice a day. He goes back to the vet on christmas eve, for another xray. If they still dont like the look of his tooth/ abcess, his is too be booked in first day back after new year too have it out. This i am really worried about.
frown.gif

Here is the drain, they wanted to put it into the sinus under his eye as this is where the fluid is. However horse has two blood vessels running over it, so they have put it in top sinus to flush them both.
GetAttachment.jpg

From the side, where i connect up to flush it.
GetAttachment12.jpg

Back home after the vets tucking into his tea!!
GetAttachment13.jpg

eleri

Visit site
Poor chap! Which tooth is it? Mine had his 2nd last molar (lower jaw) out in August and is as good as new now! They tried to take it out under sedation but it fractured, so he had a full op. Hope it all goes well.

showjump

Visit site
I hope it does too, it will either make or break my christmas.
frown.gif

I know it looks horrific, i was ok with it when there were putting it in at the vets. When i saw him the next morning i burst into tear. He really is a star tho, letting us drain it twice a day, and without a twitch. He just finds it amusing covering us in it!!:p
I really hope he doent have to have the tooth out, as its a full op, with big hole being made in the side of his face.
frown.gif

eleri

Visit site
Fingers crossed he wont need the op. With mine they had to cut through his jaw bone & push the tooth up & out, its amazing how well they heal even with a 1/2 head clip you cant see any scars, you can just about feel it! Keep us updated on how he is XX

showjump

Visit site
Thanks, you have made me feel abit better. How long was yours out of action for after having it out? My dads most worried it will spoil his looks! Well i think Bol will be too, he loves himself!!

Will post after ive been vets on weds. Thanks.

eleri

Visit site
He had just over 6 weeks off, which was what the vet recommended, mainly so the bridle would not rub the wound area, although he did tell me a story about one lady who's horse had the same op & she took it out hunting after just 2 weeks
shocked.gif