Pics of your Connies!

Kadastorm

Visit site
I will have to delve into old photos but I worked on a yard with 24 connies at one point. We would buy, normally from Clifden, as unbroken and wild ponies and back and school them before selling on or keeping for the riding school.
excellent all rounders, great temperaments and generally nice people. My favourite sires are Earl of Newbridge and the robe stud stallions. The offspring from these guys are normally very laid back and very talented.

PurBee

Visit site
The one and only time i drove around very rural Connemara - there was a connie pony and donkey on the side of the road/ wild lands beside road - they wandered onto the road, forcing me to stop the car….wound down the windows to say hi and their noses poked inside having a good sniff!
Don’t know if they were owned, just let loose or ’wild’ - turned-out onto the vast wild lands there for the summer. We didn’t pass another car for miles and miles, so possibly owned yet allowed to be wild on the common lands of thousands of acres.
I’m amazed such a ‘fine’ pony hails from a really challenging wild climate.

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
I will have to delve into old photos but I worked on a yard with 24 connies at one point. We would buy, normally from Clifden, as unbroken and wild ponies and back and school them before selling on or keeping for the riding school.
excellent all rounders, great temperaments and generally nice people. My favourite sires are Earl of Newbridge and the robe stud stallions. The offspring from these guys are normally very laid back and very talented.
My connie’s grandsire was Earl of Newbridge and she has a fantastic temperament. I’m sure she would also be very talented if she wasn’t stuck with me riding her ?

oldie48

Visit site
14hh Connie dun mare by Templebready Fear Bui, who could turn her hand to anything including polocrosse and full up 148cm Connie/TB grey gelding who was just a complete superstar once he'd stopped napping! I'd give my right arm to have either of them now but sadly no longer with us. I love a nice Connie.

Last edited:

m1stify

Visit site
A couple people have said this! She’s being sold as a Connie but is unregistered so I don’t know her breeding so not sure!
she’s amazing either way!
She came over from Ireland a year ago.
Be careful of why she is unregistered. May be trying to hide her hoof wall status which is a terrible condition

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
OP is pulling hair to test but I think having seen the pic she is unreg as she isn't a full connie (or at all) which would make the HWSD status less problematic.

Stenners

Visit site
OP is pulling hair to test but I think having seen the pic she is unreg as she isn't a full connie (or at all) which would make the HWSD status less problematic.
This is correct! She's sold as a Connie and is Connie on her (white) passport but i'm not sure she actually is!
She's perfect though so I'm really not too fussed if she isn't but yes have sent hair samples to test anyway!

millikins

Visit site
This is correct! She's sold as a Connie and is Connie on her (white) passport but i'm not sure she actually is!
She's perfect though so I'm really not too fussed if she isn't but yes have sent hair samples to test anyway!

If she's perfect for you then that's great but I hope you aren't paying the extra thousands that registered connemaras command.

alexomahony

Visit site
Ooooo they’re all so scrummy!

I have one who is a complete dreamboat ❤️

OP- hope ve went well and you’re soon to be a connie owner!

Attachments

• BA361EF1-032E-4AFF-B34B-5D0BF1C58761.jpeg
    BA361EF1-032E-4AFF-B34B-5D0BF1C58761.jpeg
    733 KB · Views: 17
  • 890DDC06-0D55-4DEE-804B-19454B67C26B.png
    890DDC06-0D55-4DEE-804B-19454B67C26B.png
    782.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 333B67BA-3821-43B5-80FA-F21D575ED839.jpeg
    333B67BA-3821-43B5-80FA-F21D575ED839.jpeg
    137.5 KB · Views: 19

racebuddy

Visit site
I'm having a Connie vetted on Thursday - so nervous! Has horses all my life but never a Connie! Would love to see pics of your and you riding them and love to know what yours are like!
i have a irish sports horse with loads of connie in , i also have just bought a full connie , well overgrown ,ive had him 2 weeks now , so nerve racking when waitng on the vetting

teddypops

Visit site
I’m jealous of everyone with their nice Connies, mine is an unpredictable, stressy, squealy Madame. She doesn’t like anything or anyone. Tries to kill my dogs, the list goes on……

Attachments

• F23714B6-DF37-4D87-A272-9682AEDF1DCC.jpeg
    F23714B6-DF37-4D87-A272-9682AEDF1DCC.jpeg
    29.5 KB · Views: 16

Cloball

Visit site
Have to say she looks very much like a new forest I used to ride... Who was awesome. Good luck ?she looks fab and I love the unusual colour ?