Pictures of Balou du Rouet offspring

no_no_nanette

Visit site
We recently went to visit the lovely stallion 5 year old Balou Star (Balou du Rouet x Quick Star) in the Hessen, Germany. This is the link to him :

http://www.sportpferde-boutique.com/en/pferde.php?rubrik=4

You'll also find the write up on the visit in the current issue of HorseBreeders Magazine.

He is owned by Udo Oppermann and ridden by his nephew Daniel - his fantastic jumping technique is reflected in his performance results - he was the only stallion to gain a 10 for his jumping out of 43 presented at his 30 day test in December. And a total pussycat to handle!

liannexsx

Visit site
i dunno how to upload pics - it doesnt seem to allow me but there is a pic of mine on my profile pic. all pics are when she's bout 4 months old. wot kind of height are everyone's? mines is a year old at the end of april - measured her a few weeks ago n she's 15hh

christine48

Visit site
From what I've heard he seems to throw good temperements. That stallion Balou Star is lovely, shame he's small cos my mare is also a bit small too otherwise would use him.

liannexsx

Visit site
yes mines has a good temprement, she's sharp and nervous but doesnt have a nasty bone in her body. she's fussy about people n a little stressy but suppose thats to be expected of her breeding. her damsire is odysseus.

liannexsx

Visit site
picture.php

forgive me - i dunno if this works

Greymares

www.millfieldstud.co.uk
We are complete fans of Balou. Have bred 5 now with our latest 2 days old and another due at the end of May. They all jump and move very well and all very good temperaments, just one filly a bit nervous. He suits a bigger mare with plenty of blood best as can produce a bit small sometimes.

StaceyTanglewood

Visit site
mine is a spitter for balou himself i love him and will use him again !!

She has fab movement for a Show Jumper and a good temprement !! Cant wait to sit on her this year

sorry no photo will get some soon actually x

christine48

Visit site
Check out Bon Balou (Balou du Rouet x Argentinus x Landadel)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Il0pdoX5Lo
http://www.flaxlion.com/index.php?page=bon-balou
He's rising 4 and very impressive indeed. Show jumper with very nice paces too.
My mare is in foal to him, due next month and I am very excited to see what comes out!

Love him, he is stunning!! You must be so excited please post some piccys when foalie arrives. Was the semen easy to get, was it chilled or frozen?

GinnieRedwings

Visit site
Liannexsx, your filly is really nice! Have you got more recent pics? If she is about 15hh now, I would hazard a guess she should make at least 16.2hh. The 2 yo I bred out of my mare was 15.2hh at 1 year old and is about 16.2hh now - bum's certainly higher than Mum's who is 16.3hh - with lots of growing still to do! How tall is the dam?

Christine48, I thought he was stunning too - and cheaper than Daddy! Flax Lion Stud who are the agents for him in the UK were really helpful, friendly and professional. I got chilled semen and my vet said it was very good quality. My mare took on first cycle, 1st time by AI. And am I excited......???????? Oh yes!!!! I'll post pics when he/she is born!

Puzzled

Visit site
Can't wait to see everyones photos! I have a Balou baby due in about 9 weeks, it'll be my filly's first foal so am very nervous!!

liannexsx

Visit site
mum is only 15.3hh, she's definitely not be smaller than 16.2 the way she's going (unfortunately im only 5ft2!!). its nice to hear of her siblings out there. she's not too nervy as she gets a little older but she has character. the last three foals were of different breeding (2 accondy and a concorde) and they are all little individuals. i'll need to get some up to date pictures cos she looks totally different now.