Pictures of the other Matinee gelding

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
Suddenly came across two recent pics of the other Matinee gelding aged three, he has at last had a growth spurt though nowhere near enough to start backing him. He'll probably wait until spring next year. I think he's beautiful, rather different to his brother (sort of brother as both mares were full sisters put to Matinee du Madon) and I know he can jump as I've seen him leap effortlessly over ditches and streams when other horses have blundered through them.
See him and his brother a few pics further down on www.henryhorn.blogspot.com

Bananaman

www.teamtorrent.co.uk
He's looking good Sue, and obviously enjoying the new pasture!

How's the other one coming along?
Interestingly there are two Matinees in this years Burghley Young Event Horse Finals, one 4yr old and 1 5.

BBs

Visit site
Beautiful crop of foals and youngsters Sue
smile.gif

Particularly like your Matinee boy and of course Obi - he has the same mane as winston! hes a real cutie
smile.gif

Vxx

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
Slowly is the answer. He is still being lunged and leaned over, last week he decided he was fed up of this and leapt in the air throwing CCj to the floor where he promptly trod on her (yes she got bitten that week too!)
He's starting to get some muscle and next will be to do more long reining and leading from a quiet horse, he won't get backed properly until he stops messing about when you lean over him. It may take most of a day until he is bored by it all.
Last week he got front shows on and was perfect, so he shouldn't be long off being ridden.
I was talking to the stud owner earlier this week and he was annoyed he hadn't kept more semen from Matinee, as the youngsters are starting to progress through the ranks. . He does however have a potential stallion that was out of a Shaab Advanced mare so that might be nice.
I think they will be much more trainable than the current bloodlines we have, the Cruising line is great but they are fizzy!