Pig Oil

Blazingkate

carlingblacklabel.piczo.com
Hi, I've noticed a few people have mentioned pig oil recently on here and was wondering do tack shops sell it and how much is it normally? If not where could I get it from? Oh and how often would you apply it? Sorry about all the questions but I thought I'd try it as quite a few peoplehave spoke highly of it.

Thanks

xxxx

4whitesocks

Visit site
countrywide stores sell it - not totally sure on how often to apply am doing some research myself - apparently it's v cheap & lasts for ages.....

mrdarcy

www.rockcrunchers.co.uk
I've just been recommended it's use for my new pony's mane... to keep it silky as it is so long.

Btw Rebecca are you still doing your freelance grooming or is your time limited now that you've got two neddies? And how is Grace doing?

Theresa_F

Visit site
I get mine 10 litres at a time with 3 kgs of sulphur - I mix them together and use it on my boy's feathers from

http://www.heavyhorsesupplies.co.uk/index.html.

Pig oil is excellent for the mane, tail, feather and a dash in the final rinse water when going to a show. I also wipe it on hocks and knees to help keep them clean.

Mixed with sulphur great for prevent skin problems in horses and keeps feather white.

Theresa_F

Visit site
I do this all through the winter from September to May - I apply oil and sulphur every other week and oil weekly - just use a paint brush and then rub well in.

In summer, if muddy, I will apply oil to the ends of the feather and wash out legs and rub in some sulphur every few weeks to keep mites at bay.

I do not wash out legs in winter, just oil and brush off worst of mud when they are dry.