Pikeur Washable Show Jacket

Cloud9

Visit site
Well I have started to dabble in a spot of dressage and need a show jacket. Tried on Pikeur Diana and Epsom. I prefer the Epsom as slightly shorter and know I need a size 42 (black ). However there seems to be alot of options for the material mix. Been looking at the cheaper washable version (around the £100 mark). But when I went to a local saddlery shop the ones they had were double the price at £224. They did not seem any different to the ones I have tried on previously (washable versions). However the lady said they were "picked" for the material quality hence the higher price and that the washable were no where near as good and did not keep shape.

Have seen 98% wool and 2% elastine on the internet too at around £169.

So my question is how what versions do you guys have and what would you recommend?

horseywelsh

Visit site
I've had the washable version for 9years now. Its had regular competition wear and washing and still has its shape and looks as new and smart.

mil1212

Visit site
I've had the washable version for 9years now. Its had regular competition wear and washing and still has its shape and looks as new and smart.

Same here, except I think I have had mine longer! Although mine has the velvet collar which is starting to fade, i have just brought a brand new one off ebay for about £40.... :D

burtie

Visit site
I have the cheaper washable one and it washes and has kept shape fine. The only downside is that even though it is very thin I still get hotter in it than my thicker pure wool hacking jacket.