Pinching K&R's post - Schooling....and diet?

SSM

Visit site
Help!

Like K&R I find working in the school in the evening a necessary evil (boring!!!!!!!!) what do other people do? Please bare in mind that this is a donkey schooling, her idea of jumping is heaving the front then the back over, she has NO flexibility on the left rein (physio booked) and every upward transition is an effort!!!!!!!!

Does anyone have some very basic dressage tests they could pm me? Also does anyone school to music to help with rhythm etc? Can you suggest some music that I could use.

Finally feed advice, I need some fizz - she is currently on mix, soaked oats, sugar beet, Alpha Lite and soya oil, fantastic grazing and ad lib haylage Suggestions to spark her please!!!!!

Sal_E

Visit site
A rocket up the bum
shocked.gif

Best advice would be to get a creative instructor in who can get you set up for winter - they should be able to give you plenty to work on...

SSM

Visit site
Where do I buy a horse bum shaped rocket!!??
cool.gif

Lesson booked for Saturday, that is my plan - to have my instructor give me a weeks plan
grin.gif

Tempi

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Have you thought about taking her hunting - that'll give her some umph.....

[/ QUOTE ]

that will definately liven her up!! its actually sent Bloss quite round the bend!! the only problem is that once theyve been hunting every dog they here bark sendds them into a sweating frenzy - well it does with bloss!!
crazy.gif
confused.gif

SSM

Visit site
I am planning on hunting her - This summer I took her on one of the hunts evening summer rides - she did go up a gear for the evening - bucked and pulled the entire ride - next day the donkey had resurfaced!!!!

She just takes life so steadily - happy to watch it go around her!!!!!

SSM

Visit site
I have thought about this, but oooh the butterflys suddenly attack - will start with the tests for schooling!

Does'nt Dressage equal Stressage???!?!

SSM

Visit site
Yes I think it maybe a great tune - will download it with the free downloads we have from collecting coke labels!!!!!!!

Will download to my phone and plug in one ear!!

Madam_max

Visit site
You'll be fine. I only do it as it gives me a goal especially in the winter. It really will motivate both of you!!! I hate schooling ALL winter, quite depressing. But I jump once a week, lunge another, free school.

Heidi1

Visit site
Goodie, my gang are ready and waiting, although think Spur was put off by getting very wet and cold last time, so might have to pick a really nice one for her, bless......

K9Wendy

Visit site
Music......... seriously, try it. Katie has been having some flatwork lessons to music and it is amazing. She feels the beat and will collect and extend Bee in time to the beat of the music perfectly, however ask her to do this without music and she'll huff and puff and throw a stoop.. It makes such a difference, you feel so good it goes down your body into the horse, they love it too!