Pixel just came into season...

Elle123

www.ellaporterphotography.co.uk
...and is sulking because she has to wear her equafleece shorts!!! (now being called her 'Knickers'!!!!)

Question really. Was out of the blue, within a day her bits went swollen, her teats didnt get tender at all! She is spotting blood, will she then go clear then back to spotting? also is it 3 weeks normally that is lasts?

Currently not walking her and seeing how mad she goes, will be able to take her to mums and let her off in the secure field and manage.

She will be spade after the appropriate time. She has just turned a year.

How do peoples male neutered dogs normally cope? mums lab is known as the 'dirty old man' due to his x-rated tendencies (even though he's neutered and almost 12!) but he was with her all of yesterday and didnt take any notice.

Do they hurt at all while they're in season? my mum suggested giving her a hot water bottle and some chocolate!!! (joking of course, just what you say for people!!!)

Thank you in advance for any help!!!

Elle
x

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
I don't think they hurt but it can put some of them out of sorts, all dogs are different, I've had bitches who you wouldn't have noticed they were in season, others spotting all over the place, very subdued and their coats got very dull/dropped weight.

B did get a wee bit more interested in his sister :eek: and would maybe have attempted to throw one leg over but he would get a verbal rebuke and then lost interest, he has never been much of a humper anyway.

Dobiegirl

Visit site
My Lancashire Heeler bitches would bring each other into season and used to entertain each other by disc dancing as my young daughter referred to it.:cool:

It never affected them at all and would continue to hunt rats & rabbits until the cows came home.

Puppy

Visit site
Quick question, how long after a season can you have them spayed?

God, I'm going to be a nervous wreck whilst Fraggle is under GA....

Hedwards

Visit site
Millie turns into a complete ditherer when in season, completely pathetic and just wants to be hugged all day long! she shows absolutely no interest whatsoever in the boys and just carries on as normal.

Puppy - I think you normally wait until you are halfway between seasons, so approximately 3 months. Millie is being 'done' after this season - I'm going to be a wreck too (although I'm really lucky that my friend is a Vet and is going to do it for me),