Places to recycle feed/bedding bags?

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site
Afternoon,

Like many of us I have absolutely loads of feed and bedding plastic bags taking up space that I'd love to recycle. The bedding bags say they recycleable and have a no 4 on them but I can't actually find where to take the bleeping things to recycle them! My local tip doesn't take them for recycling so am at a loss, anyone actually managed to find anywhere that takes them?!

I've exhausted the usual giving them away for people to use for muck etc and tend to end up collecting them up and putting in my yearly skip. There must be a better way ?

J&S

Visit site
I have seen them for sale on ebay!!! i only looked as constantly want more for putting the horse poo in to sell at the gate. wish you lived near me!

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
The wood pellet bags I use have a recycle mark on them. I soak the pellets in a tub. The bags are clean and I recycle them at the supermarket in the polythene bag recycling container.
All other polythene bags are used for muck which the gardeners take and then return the empty bags. Most of my feed is in paper bags now though.

eggs

Visit site
I put mine in my recycle bin at home (5 horses) and have never had a problem with them not being taken away. Fortunately my haylage man takes the wrapping away with the next delivery.

Surbie

Visit site
I use the paper bags to put my spud harvest in, or in the footwell of my car to keep the mats clean. The plastic ones I use to take manure to the allotment, but I have yet to find somewhere that will take the wood pellet bags yet. The supermarket bag recycling place is good suggestion, thanks for that.

chaps89

Visit site
Some supermarkets are now taking soft plastics and/or carrier to recycle, maybe sneak them in there?
Or if people on here can use them maybe post them on if they’ll cover the postage cost?

Steerpike

Visit site
We are using paper feed bags to start our wood burner in the evenings,my bedding bags I put into a recycling bag and the rubbish men have taken them so far, chaff bags I use for general yard rubbish then put inside a black bag for rubbish day.

dorsetladette

Visit site
The plastic bags I use as rubbish bags in the tack room (or anywhere) and the paper bags I give to my youngster to destroy in the field if he is in a particularly playful mood. Gives the 'grownups' a bit of peace and I stand a chance of poo picking with out the barrow being knocked over.

Fransurrey

Visit site
For those of you putting your bags in your recycling, do check it's ok. The men on the ground take the bins, but at the plant the entire load will be rejected if things are there that shouldn't be.

Round here, we have to take ours to the supermarket to recycle.

rabatsa

Far from the madding crowd
Visit site
Our bin leaflet says they take pet food sacks but not hard plastics or bubble wrap and clingfilm. So feed and bedding bags get put in that bin.