Planning permission

Milo123

Visit site
We are looking to purchase a few acers of local farm land however there is no hard standing on the land we wood be looking to put in a hard standing concrete area, obviously that would mean scraping grass away and laying hard core then concrete on top the area would be large enough for a small yard area parking for 2/3 cars stables feed room and bales of hay- 2/3 large abkes at a time

Would this require planning?
We are looking at stables on skids so they can be moved..
Looking for people experiences ect

PurBee

Visit site
The registered use of the land you own determines activity allowed. I imagine yours is agricultural. Currently without agri buildings/facilities. I think you would still have to apply for erecting these, yet as they are temporary agri buildings, you should find the process of gaining consent relatively painless. I’d check with the council planning dept of the county the land is in.
Its possible to get retrospective planning permission, if you just build sheds and someone reports it. But if it was a residence for humans to live in, you definitely need permission on agri land, and wouldnt obtain retro p.p...but an order to demolish.

Milo123

Visit site
I think you would for the concrete and if you use shelters as storage I don't thing they are then considered as a movable temporary structure.

Hmm I may ring the council and just see, we have the price for 4 acers of land but do not want to proceed if we would have no chance of being able to keep the horses there withiut stables

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I think you have more of a chance of stables if you change the usage as most is agricultural or grazing pasture I think if you can change it to equestrian you have a chance of them allowing it but I don't think it's that easy, we looked into it a bit and it's not easy.

TheMule

Visit site
You will need to apply to change use to equestrian which can be done at the same time as the planning for the rest. You should be able to see pre-planning advice which is well worth doing- you will need draft plans and block/ site maps