Plans for the weekend

oldie48

Visit site
Hi, as no-one has yet started this I thought I might give it a go. We have quite a busy weekend. Friday (weather looks vile!) I am going to school Rose and go through some of the canter bits that I know she will find tricky in Nov 28. She's getting stronger behind but she struggles to balance her active paces without wanting to go long and fall onto her forehand. I'm finding it interesting that I've had less talented/more ordinary horses in the past that would have skipped through Nov 28 without breaking sweat whereas both Rose and I are having to work quite hard ATM but she is going to be fab once she's stronger. Saturday we are out competing, just doing Nov 28 to try to qualify for the Trailblazers second round at Novice, I don't think we'll get the stunning score that we got for the prelim though, just want to get through the test really. Sunday we are doing a riding club clinic with a trainer I really like and who really likes Rose (always a bonus). I am really enjoying getting out and about and being able to take part in RC events as it's so much more sociable than always doing stuff on my own.

Denbob

Visit site
Very exciting Oldie48. Good luck and looking forward to seeing that update, she is gorgeous!

Think I've found a holiday livery for the beast though so all being well hell be gone post -dentist next week. Instructor schooling him tonight, he has been fresh as a fresh thing but fairly easy to channel into impulsion so looking forward to some nice work from them. OH is down for our anniversary weekend so have been forced into a compromise and only going up for saddle fitter Saturday and Denzel has been dumped on yard staff otherwise!

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
I am also doing Novice 28 o48.. but next weekend!
Got a dressage lesson on Sunday to run through a couple of things, my horse is finding the 15m half circles a little challenging where you return back to the track and have to essentially counter canter for a few strides..he has thrown a couple of flying changes due to being unbalanced. So working on the counter canter!!
We have a new dressage saddle to try out - super excited to ride in it - like a little kid haha
Best of luck on Saturday.. please do report back and tell us know you get on :)

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Crikey, Thursday already!
I have a flat lesson booked for tomorrow morning, might well have to ditch it if winds are too strong to safely box over tho, instructor agreeable to re book.
Possible local sj on Sunday, but as I haven't jumped B Fuzzy since July, and not indoors, might just miss it....

Good luck to those competing :)

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Battening down the hatches... and then on Sunday we are hiring the indoor arena that Kira will be in for music regionals in a couple of weeks. Not expecting great things! if she's a complete toad we might re-route and go somewhere else instead :p

Chippers1

Visit site
I am hopefully doing a gridwork clinic on sun, haven't jumped for a month so a little nervous. Hopefully picking my new box up from the garage sat, he said that it looks like it's just air in the clutch line (HALLELUJAH) so just needed bleeding and re filling, they're keeping an eye on it until sat to make sure none leaks etc and the clutch is back in place. Think i'll put a new battery in too as it's been a bit flat (had to jump start it to get to the garage tues). So fingers crossed!

oldie48

Visit site
I am also doing Novice 28 o48.. but next weekend!
Got a dressage lesson on Sunday to run through a couple of things, my horse is finding the 15m half circles a little challenging where you return back to the track and have to essentially counter canter for a few strides..he has thrown a couple of flying changes due to being unbalanced. So working on the counter canter!!
We have a new dressage saddle to try out - super excited to ride in it - like a little kid haha
Best of luck on Saturday.. please do report back and tell us know you get on :)
Mmmm that's what i'm afraid of, she either offer a change or she'll break. I find myself saying "seat bone, seat bone" so she doesn't bounce me off! Pass on any tips from your trainer, please.

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
Mmmm that's what i'm afraid of, she either offer a change or she'll break. I find myself saying "seat bone, seat bone" so she doesn't bounce me off! Pass on any tips from your trainer, please.
Unfortunately my lesson is Sunday Afternoon so assume you will have already done your test by then :( But will report back any advice!
I try and ride to the fence to try and keep his bend more to the left than falling in on the right and then changing the lead.

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Good luck Oldie48. I also really like instructors who like my horse!
Have a good anniversary weekend Denbob.
Hope weather does not scupper too many plans. It's GRIM here today.

My Fab Feb continues with NSEA & Pony Club SJ for the girls on Saturday and Sunday and a Pre season Event camp for me next week. Flu and weather permitted.

oldie48

Visit site
Unfortunately my lesson is Sunday Afternoon so assume you will have already done your test by then :( But will report back any advice!
I try and ride to the fence to try and keep his bend more to the left than falling in on the right and then changing the lead.
Yes test is on Saturday. have told myself that that movements 6 and 11 are just 2 out of 16 with the collectives on top so if I make a complete muck off them but ride the rest as well as we can, we'll be OK. that's the theory anyway!

Fiona

Visit site
Good luck everyone competing, and that's great news about your new box chippers x x x

We have RC jumping planned for me tonight, and F tomorrow night....

Not feeling full of enthusiasm though, maybe it's because I'm going alone.

Fiona

Fiona

Visit site
I didn't go jumping tonight, as on checking my passports, mine haven't been vaccinated with either of the two recommended vaccines, so have texted my vet for advice...

Fiona

Bernster

Visit site
Aye same here clear round cancelled so shall be sj at home instead. Prob best really as I seem to have loads going on the next few weekends. Haven’t been out for months though.

Snowfilly

Visit site
Meant to be showjumping on Sunday, as it's being hosted by the riding school they're currently looking at banning outside horses and just running for the liveries and school horse hirers so there's no additional risk.

I missed the last show due to human flu, so fingers crossed this goes ahead! 80 and 90 if all goes to plan on the old schoolmaster fellow who I love dearly.

Northern

Visit site
Have a saddle fitter coming for L on Saturday. Found an absolute bargain on a Black Country dressage saddle last week and am confident it can be tweaked to fit her :D
Now to look for a jumping saddle... L has been doing super well, hacks out on a loose rein by herself and is such a good little Haflinger, love her!

My TB E is still somewhat not right, I suspect saddle issues at the moment so would like to get that sorted. Until then she does bareback long and low so nicely we will continue on with that!
Have a great weekend everyone :)

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Am surprised people are cancelling as BD/BS and BE are all saying that is not yet being recommended by vets. Unless I am behind the times? At the moment NSEA comps are going ahead, as is pony club.

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
I hope that everyone's plans can go ahead without too much flu drama!

I'll be up at the crack of dawn to head out to dressage. Coolie and I are doing 2 novice tests and it will be interesting... He hasn't been out anywhere other than lessons this year and has been fresh all week. We will see. Plus new tests so i am not convinced I know where I am going. Ah well.

Sunday I am doing a SJ course design seminar and I am quite looking forward to it, although it will be a long day and I din't think I will get a chance to ride.

Chippers1

Visit site
I may have been prematurely Hallelujah-ing....turns out my OH didn't tell me the right place for the leak so could be the slave cylinder after all.... the garage is looking into it today for me. I was very cross with him when he told me last night!!
And no clinic, i'm not allowed to go because Buzz's vaccs were over 6 months ago, got him booked in for a booster the 21st (couldn't get them before then, everyone must be getting them done!) annoying because he's due in May so not actually that far and it's been an expensive month already :( that's horses for you. Means i'm stuck not going anywhere for a while as he takes a week to recover after vaccinations. Unless the SJ venue i'm booked into next weekend isn't so strict on the 6 month advice!
At least he'll be ok.

blood_magik

Visit site
I’m supposed to be going jumping with the two big boys but I’m really not in the mood.

Henry’s back is sore again and we didn’t get the news we hoped for from the vet this morning. We’re now looking at surgery and if the surgeon my vet uses doesn’t think the prognosis will be good then he’ll have to be put to sleep. I’m gutted 😕

rosiesowner

Visit site
Hope everyone's plans go ahead as wished and there are no flu-related dramas. Chilli had her booster last week so we're good to go. BM, I'm sorry to hear about Henry, I really hope you get the news you want.
Today I gave Chill a scrub before Sunday as she was looking a little bit too feral for my liking. Tomorrow is some schooling and running through my test. Sunday is dressage. Just nipping out in the morning for one prelim test and taking a friend along with us. Hopefully she behaves, as she schooled beautifully last night and has been going really well.
I think she's starting to look a bit fitter too, though she is stood at a funny angle here:
51395111_1148233218669657_3677938782289526784_o.jpg

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
I’m supposed to be going jumping with the two big boys but I’m really not in the mood.

Henry’s back is sore again and we didn’t get the news we hoped for from the vet this morning. We’re now looking at surgery and if the surgeon my vet uses doesn’t think the prognosis will be good then he’ll have to be put to sleep. I’m gutted 😕
Oh no, that's pants, I'm sorry xx

oldie48

Visit site

I am so sorry I can only imagine how you feel, fingers and toes crossed for Henry and sending a big hug for you.