Plastic Garden storage box

Louby

Visit site
Not sure if Im being over cautious but would you put one of these at the back of your stable? I really could do with the storage but Im just a bit concerned with it being plastic, strength wise. It cant go outside the stable.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I've got one of those plastic storage cupboards in mine. You know the garden wardrobe type things but a waist height one. It has holes in the back to secure it to a wall. that works well as it's too high for hooves to go on!

AFB

Visit site
I know people who do and have no problems, personally I wouldn't as my horse likes to 'play with' (read: destroy) things when he gets bored so think it would depend on your horse, and how much extra space you have in your stable.

Louby

Visit site
Thank you. I really dont think she will mess with it, famous last words lol!! It will go under my rug rack on the back wall where there is just a banking atm, so its kind of wasted space. Her stable isnt massive so I will have another look later.

Nasicus

Visit site
I have a metal filing cabinet in mine, tucked in a corner, with some Duct Tape around the edges to soften the corners.

OldNag

Wasting my time successfully....
Visit site
I do - holds rugs and saddlecloths , easy for my kids to tack up then as it is all to hand. I have mine along the front, in the gap adjacent to the door. Pony in decent size stable so plenty of room and it is away from the bed.

PetalPower

Visit site
Wouldn't put one in my younger horse's stable, she put her hoof through the top of one it when it was outside her stable and promptly legged it with the whole lid flapping from her leg! Amazingly she didn't have a mark on her but I learnt a valuable lesson about not leaving things within her reach as she also put her hoof through the top of a grooming box! Like MBC said above, my older horse would squash it rubbing on it.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Not sure if Im being over cautious but would you put one of these at the back of your stable? I really could do with the storage but Im just a bit concerned with it being plastic, strength wise. It cant go outside the stable.

I have and do, i have two in my stable in two of mine and they are under the rug rack in the back. Livery owners do the same. These are really good and strong https://www.homebase.co.uk/ezy-storage-50l-heavy-duty-storage-trunk-black_p383834

Seen these ion the store and they are very strong https://www.homebase.co.uk/ultimate-heavy-duty-plastic-storage-case-425-x-880-x-525mm_p401791

https://www.homebase.co.uk/ultimate-heavy-duty-plastic-storage-case-425-x-1120-x-530mm_p401793

Last edited:

LeannePip

Visit site
i wouldn't use anything plastic, but i do have a kids size wooden wardrobe in the front corner of my stable and that works really well.

Lots of storage and it doesn't really take away much 'space' as isn't that tall and imposing.