Plastic quad trailer?

diddy

Visit site
Hi everyone,

I need to get a trailer for my quad bike. I had planned to get a metal one but they seem hard to find secondhand in the size I want & the company nearby that makes & sells them is closed for lockdown. I have lots of work I could be doing in the nice weather so would rather get one now if I can. My feed & agri store sell a plastic one that is the same size that they could deliver whenever.

Does anyone have one of these plastic models (think it is JFC if that means anything to anyone)? It is a bit cheaper but still quite an investment so don't want to buy in haste & repent at leisure :)

Thanks!

D. x

basil99

Visit site
Hi everyone,

I need to get a trailer for my quad bike. I had planned to get a metal one but they seem hard to find secondhand in the size I want & the company nearby that makes & sells them is closed for lockdown. I have lots of work I could be doing in the nice weather so would rather get one now if I can. My feed & agri store sell a plastic one that is the same size that they could deliver whenever.

Does anyone have one of these plastic models (think it is JFC if that means anything to anyone)? It is a bit cheaper but still quite an investment so don't want to buy in haste & repent at leisure :)

Thanks!

D. x

basil99

Visit site
We do not have that model but do have a plastic trailer which we tow behind the quad. It is the best thing we did as previously we had 2 metal ones both of which rotted out and fell apart even with a wood lining. I use mine every day for the dung and then it carries all sorts at other times. I would go for it as we could not manage without ours.

tda

Visit site
I had a small plastic trailer, it was ok, but if using for poo picking, it doesn't really tip very well, so you end up shovelling it all out by hand.
Swapped for a bit bigger proper tipping trailer

autumn7

Visit site
I have a quad-towed plastic trailer which is used every day, twice a day for poo-picking. I use a poo-picker and fork and drive, picking up round my track as I go, depositing the poo into four trugs which fit perfectly in the trailer. Drive to beside muck heap and lift off trugs to empty. Trailer does tip perfectly but height of muck heap means trailer can't tip up fully to allow it to empty. This would happen whatever the trailer was made of. Sorry, don't know the make as we've had it so long. Super light to hitch/unhitch and manoeuvre too. A God-send.

freckles22uk

www.foxykeepsakes.co.uk
I used to have one, it was a decent size and tipped. Absolutely brilliant. Used it for carry muck, hay, fencing pretty much anything. I did buy it from the Uk and took it to Spain but sold it with the quad when I returned back to the Uk 12 years later. Great investment